Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Gilbert Announces Purchase of One Woodward

Rock Ventures is at it again, purchasing the One Woodard building today.

The building is currently 60% occupied, soon to be 90% occupied next month when Quicken and its affiliates lease 8 floors.

Since January 2011, Rock Ventures has purchased 10 buildings totaling nearly 2.5 million square feet of office space, in addition to two parking garages with a total of 3,500 parking spaces. Last month, the company broke ground on a 33,000 square-foot specialty retail development with 10-story parking garage in downtown Detroit. [[***translated: that's a ton of real estate***)

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...181841891.html

please be respectful of the architecture. please be respectful of the architecture. please be respectful of the architecture...

Quote Originally Posted by raptor56 View Post
    The building is currently 60% occupied, soon to be 90% occupied next month when Quicken and its affiliates lease 8 floors.
    Where are these employees coming from? Farmington Hills/Livonia?
    Last edited by gameguy56; December-03-12 at 11:35 AM.

W00t!

Gilbert has a proven track record of buying, renovating, and then filling the buildings with jobs.

Can't aruge with results!

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    please be respectful of the architecture. please be respectful of the architecture. please be respectful of the architecture...
    Of course. He will pain the lobby ceiling 'Purple Haze" and put a fushia faux fur on the naked lady in front. Really class the place up.

Interestingly enough One Woodward Ave. was Yamasaki's only office tower before his World Trade Center commission. So in many ways this was the prototype for the WTC.

Gilberttown is growing faster than I expected. He officially owns Downtown Detroit. And he's king.

I hear he is opening back up "The Top of the Flame" but is going to name it "The Top of the Danny!"

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    Of course. He will pain the lobby ceiling 'Purple Haze" and put a fushia faux fur on the naked lady in front. Really class the place up.
    spoken like someone who has seen the inside of the Cheese Grater in person... holy gawd, my eyes!

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    Agreed. Kramer Design Group toured around a few months back , see link. The Michi Con interiors are straight out of Mad Men. Just add Christina Hendricks and the rye whiskley. This is merely a light restoration job plus new technology. I'm cautiously optimistic Bedrock will not screw this up.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...4555881&type=3

All those lovely windows are single pane glass. Word is that ANR looked at replacing them with double pane and gagged on the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by hybridy View Post
    Agreed. Kramer Design Group toured around a few months back , see link. The Michi Con interiors are straight out of Mad Men. Just add Christina Hendricks and the rye whiskley. This is merely a light restoration job plus new technology. I'm cautiously optimistic Bedrock will not screw this up.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...4555881&type=3
    Wow those views are absolutely amazing! I would love to have the office with the fireplace.

Two quick questions:

1. When did ANR move out?
    2. Where did they move to?

Quote Originally Posted by tkelly1986 View Post
    Two quick questions:

1. When did ANR move out?
    2. Where did they move to?
    Don't have all the specifics... but ANR was bought out by Coastal Energy of Texas and moved to either Tower 500 or 600 at RenCen.

Later El Paso Pipeline bought Coastal [[IIRC) and move all the jobs to out of state.

Hmmm, perhaps Mr. Gilbert and his creative types even have a new public use in mind for the pedestrian bridge over Larned Street to the Guardian Building. It wouldbe nice to see this unique feature placed back in use.

Quote Originally Posted by 48091 View Post
    W00t!

Gilbert has a proven track record of buying, renovating, and then filling the buildings with jobs.

Can't aruge with results!
    People will still complain, despite facts...many hate to see Detroit thrive, smh. I'm tired of keep making people believe in our city, I know Gilbert can't do it by himself but he doing a hell of a good job. We need more leaders in this region, he's stepping up to the plate and is a smart businessman, he's about action not just talk.

I think most complaints are about what he does with the buildings interiors and the lame names he gives them, not that he's actively revitalizing the city. my fears are that he's going to take a mid century masterpiece and do what he did to the qube. that would be a tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Don't have all the specifics... but ANR was bought out by Coastal Energy of Texas and moved to either Tower 500 or 600 at RenCen.

Later El Paso Pipeline bought Coastal [[IIRC) and move all the jobs to out of state.
    Buyout happened in early 1985....I was on the good end of that.

Southen let's hope he'll respect Yamasaki's vision...

It would be nice to re-introduce a restaurant to the 26th floor again. I have vague recollections of Top Of The Flame Restaurant when I was young.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    I hear he is opening back up "The Top of the Flame" but is going to name it "The Top of the Danny!"
    Top of the Rock... Financial

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Southen let's hope he'll respect Yamasaki's vision...

It would be nice to re-introduce a restaurant to the 26th floor again. I have vague recollections of Top Of The Flame Restaurant when I was young.
    I hope he does re-introduce a restaurant on the 26th floor, despite him saying that all of his properties will have "Ground Floor Retail". That will be horrible if he decide that...or maybe not?

Hope Dan doesn't do this:

...hhmmmm,

Did anyone see this, One Detroit Center ground floor redesign? Not bad looking

One Woodward Ave. doesn't have any ground floor space available... just the lobby and elevators.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast