Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Work has begun on the apartment complex on Broadway and Grand River...

I would have posted some shots but for some reason I cant seem to upload anymore...

Apartment complex, or the parking garage?

from the scope of the project it appears to be the actual building...

It's not a yuppified apt. complex. It's one of Dan Gilbert's parking garage and future retail buildings. He's planning to eliminate most of the parking lots in Downtown Detroit and Chicago-ized it. Turning Downtown Detroit into Gliberttown within 25 years.

The only tragedy is that these two lots were some of the only attractively landscaped lots downtown. Made the surface lot horror quite a bit less horrible.

I thought it was mostly parking. But it would be nice if they at least built it like that parking garage in Grand Rapids with liner residential facing the street on upper levels

Or, like Stroh River Place did twenty-some years ago...

birds-eye photo