Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Harold H. Fisher's Church Architecture

I was researching this architect and found that he is a church architect with over 500 designs of churches. However the actual names of the churches that he did build are hard to come by. The 3 i came across were the Westminster Presbyterian Church, St. Lazarus Serbian orthodox church and the Hope Lutheran Church all supposedly found in Detroit. However not much info was available about these works. I was wondering if anybody knows about Harold H. Fisher or knows about any of these churches.

Thanks for posting on this tread. I hope you obtain useful information.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Pierre View Post
    I was researching this architect and found that he is a church architect with over 500 designs of churches. However the actual names of the churches that he did build are hard to come by. The 3 i came across were the Westminster Presbyterian Church, St. Lazarus Serbian orthodox church and the Hope Lutheran Church all supposedly found in Detroit. However not much info was available about these works. I was wondering if anybody knows about Harold H. Fisher or knows about any of these churches.
    Enclosed is an image of the second location for Westminster Church showing George M. Lindsay as the architect the church from a 1920 issue of Michigan Architect and Engineer. The church was located at the corner of West Boston Boulevard and Hamilton. An image of the first church for Westminster is available on the forum. The first church was probably designed before Fisher was born so is most likely not what you are searching for. I am enclosing a link to St. Lazurus' website there is a fairly good history of the church available. Looks like the Fisher designed building was razed years ago. As for Hope Lutheran a check of the 1927 Detroit City Directory shows the church located at 9500 Stoepel. A google map search shows a church still there its now the Obedient Missionary Baptist Church.

http://ravanica.org/church/
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by p69rrh51; December-01-12 at 05:42 PM.