Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default New Downtown Mexican Lunch Rest.

"The new Carnival Fresh Mex restaurant in the Penobscot Building, at the corner of Fort and Griswold, will seat about 50 and serve from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays, as well as opening for weekend events, says Jason Ayiar, who owns Carnival with his brother, Joseph, and father, George, all of Farmington Hills. Family friend Danny Bally of West Bloomfield is also a partner."

http://www.freep.com/article/20121129/COL20/311290013/Sylvia-Rector-Fast-and-fresh-Mexican-cuisine-comes-to-downtown-Detroit

I eat at the Pontiac supermarket location all the time. Food is excellent! Happy to see their expanding out. The carnidas tacos are my favorite!

I see that the Penobscot Building is getting a few retail. I had just noticed a shoe store that had opened in the basement. I hope that this restaurant does good.

6pm is an odd closing time. Not really open late enough for a dinner place, closes fairly late for a lunch place. Seems like they'd not get much business from 2-5ish.

I am glad for the new restaurant, but the exterior signage is terrible. How can they allow these signs to deface this stately building. There has to be a higher standard for signage downtown located at a prominent intersection.