Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Celebrity deaths in 3's.

Celebrity deaths seem to come in "3's" is the saying. So there was David Carradine, Ed McMahon, and Farrah Fawcett in the first of the most recent sets. Then came Michael Jackson, Billy Mays and Gale Storm [[50's My Little Margie). So that completes another set.

Do you play lotto?

nope...not me

Thomas Jefferson and John Adams died the same day hours apart, July 4, 1826. Based on Grumpyoldlady's post, I suspect John Quincy Adams had a puckered asshole for a couple of days right then.........

Who is next? Swayze? Tito?

It could be argued that Gale Storm is not celebrity enough to count for that last triumverate. My guess is Patrick Swayze is not far behind, or for a surprise, Jimmy Carter.

so throw gale storm and sky saxon as two halves to get your three

ccbatson Guest

Superstitions...any number larger than 3 can be broken into some group of clusters divided by 2 or 3.

Carridine was a couple weeks ago, probably too long to be considered in this list. Besides, McMahon, Fawcett, and Jacko were all in the same week.

Now, if you want to speculate about pitchmen having a curse, think about Vince from the Sham wow and his little dilemma and Billy Mays, who's next?

Lorax Guest

Remember back in 94, Nixon, Jackie O- I guess when Patty Reagan posed nude for Playboy, she was hoping it would kick her mother over the edge- Nancy may have been nervous, but survived, as only a real bare-knuckle social climber can!

Its been a 177pt Deadpool month thus far...

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Superstitions...any number larger than 3 can be broken into some group of clusters divided by 2 or 3.
    apart from being totally beside the point, we can now ad "superstition" to the list of words Bats doesn't understand.

1 a: a belief or practice resulting from ignorance, fear of the unknown, trust in magic or chance, or a false conception of causation b: an irrational abject attitude of mind toward the supernatural, nature, or God resulting from superstition 2: a notion maintained despite evidence to the contrary, as in Objectivism

[[M-W online)

And yet Keith Richards keeps going.

Quote Originally Posted by MoparDan View Post
    And yet Keith Richards keeps going.

he looks like my grandpa right before he died from emphysema

ccbatson Guest

Ahem...Rb, did you forget to read the definition you cut and pasted? Death's in 3s is a perfect example of superstitious and arbitrary thinking PROVEN by the definition you provide....thanks.

Ahem...Rb, did you forget to read the definition you cut and pasted? Death's in 3s is a perfect example of superstitious and arbitrary thinking PROVEN by the definition you provide....thanks.
    let's see, which definition it fits...
    1 a: a belief or practice resulting from ignorance, fear of the unknown, trust in magic or chance, or a false conception of causation
    nope -- it is not a false sense of causation, but a false sense of correlation
    1 b: an irrational abject attitude of mind toward the supernatural, nature, or God resulting from superstition?
    nope -- nothing related to the supernatural, nature or god resulting from superstition
    2: a notion maintained despite evidence to the contrary, as in Objectivism
    nope -- there is no proof to the contrary, as YOU said, there is always a way to break it down into threes

QED, yet again

While I don't believe in superstitions, it is kind of interesting to see just how many celebrity deaths DO come in sets of 3. Coincidence though it may be.

Seems that way, don't it?

Probably just a simple organizing mechanism in our mind, possibly innate, possibly cultural

Karl Malden passed away this afternoon.

Perhaps some people only have the capacity to keep track of up to three things at a time. Then they have to start over.

Karl Malden's nose will never run again.

There was/is a notorious internet newsgroup named after his nose.

R.I.P., O Rhino-Endowed One.

ccbatson Guest

1. Trust in magic or chance, ignorance...BINGO#1
    2. Irrational abject attitude toward nature...BINGO#2
    3. Proof to the contrary?? You don't need to disprove an arbitrary claim. Example: Gremlins live deep underground on Jupitor...Go ahead, disprove it...if you can't, it is a valid claim...NOT...BINGO#3

Rb...you really need to edit more thoroughly. ALl you did was pick and choose one item that didn't fit, however, you quoted the whole sentence that contained the validating factors....Big OOPS.

1. Trust in magic or chance, ignorance...BINGO#1
    2. Irrational abject attitude toward nature...BINGO#2
    3. Proof to the contrary?? You don't need to disprove an arbitrary claim. Example: Gremlins live deep underground on Jupitor...Go ahead, disprove it...if you can't, it is a valid claim...NOT...BINGO#3

Rb...you really need to edit more thoroughly. ALl you did was pick and choose one item that didn't fit, however, you quoted the whole sentence that contained the validating factors....Big OOPS.

bats, it ain't any of those things, and you know it. wait, i forgot, you like to distort the meanings of words until they fit what YOU think they should mean

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast