Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Harvest Express Brings Online Grocery Service to Detroit

http://www.xconomy.com/detroit/2012/...-to-detroit/2/

I think this may be a great idea for the areas mentioned. The company is to begin in January.

Quote Originally Posted by jpbollma View Post
    http://www.xconomy.com/detroit/2012/...-to-detroit/2/

I think this may be a great idea for the areas mentioned. The company is to begin in January.
    This is an interesting concept. I am not sure whether there will enough demand to make this a full time successful business, but I wish them luck! I hope they do well.

“Fresh Direct wouldn’t consider Detroit because of the perceived buying power of Detroiters and what it would take to maintain a store,” Brooks explains. “By operating online, we can take a minimal capital investment to prove that it works and then expand it throughout the city.”

In January, Brooks plans to launch
    Harvest Express in five Detroit ZIP codes encompassing the neighborhoods of Midtown, Downtown, Woodbridge, Corktown, and Indian Village.

So her fundamentals are essentially the same as Fresh Direct's but on a smaller scale and in Detroit? Those aren't exactly poor and desolate areas of Detroit. Can we just call this for what it is? She saw a good idea and ran home to implement it before someone else did.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    So her fundamentals are essentially the same as Fresh Direct's but on a smaller scale and in Detroit? Those aren't exactly poor and desolate areas of Detroit. Can we just call this for what it is? She saw a good idea and ran home to implement it before someone else did.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    I would imagine she will eventually extend this to other areas. Palmer Woods, Green Acres, University District, Boston-Edison, Rosedale, West Villiage, Gold Coast, and East English Village could all be possible markets.

GUSHI Guest

Detroiters have computer and smart phones? We're did they steal them from,

I live in Woodbridge and will definitely be using these guys. I hate grocery shopping.