Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default David Arquette, Lily Cole shooting film at Packard Plant this week

They were at it again, shooting the post-apocalyptic film "Orion." Very bizarre scene.

http://motorcitymuckraker.com/wp-adm...39&action=edit

Why do people keep plugging this horrible Motorcitymukraker site? Whoever runs that site is neither a journalist nor a Muckraker. The articles are cliche and poorly written/researched, false or questionable information is given, and the whole thing lacks substance/originality. I believe that is the one where the guy who runs it got a gun pulled on him and chased, which was funny.

It's basically a poor-man's Detroitblog. Detroit blog was a talented writer though who actually did interesting/meaningful work. I think he does pieces for the Metro Times now if I'm not mistaken. I have been out of the loop for ages.

motorcitymuckraker.com/wp-admin

Maybe the OP is in the Muck?

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Brains View Post
    Why do people keep plugging this horrible Motorcitymukraker site? Whoever runs that site is neither a journalist nor a Muckraker. The articles are cliche and poorly written/researched, false or questionable information is given, and the whole thing lacks substance/originality. I believe that is the one where the guy who runs it got a gun pulled on him and chased, which was funny.It's basically a poor-man's Detroitblog. Detroit blog was a talented writer though who actually did interesting/meaningful work. I think he does pieces for the Metro Times now if I'm not mistaken. I have been out of the loop for ages.
    I like it and find it useful. It does have it's moments. I didn't see this story in "The Freep".

Why do people keep plugging this horrible Motorcitymukraker site? Whoever runs that site is neither a journalist nor a Muckraker. The articles are cliche and poorly written/researched, false or questionable information is given, and the whole thing lacks substance/originality. I believe that is the one where the guy who runs it got a gun pulled on him and chased, which was funny.

It's basically a poor-man's Detroitblog. Detroit blog was a talented writer though who actually did interesting/meaningful work. I think he does pieces for the Metro Times now if I'm not mistaken. I have been out of the loop for ages.
    Well I did find the posting informative and helpful with the pics. Didn't know about this. Can you direct me to an alternative source?

I like how he posts the definition of what a Muckraker is:
    A muckraker is a watchdog who exposes the truth by digging below the surface and exposing wrongdoing. Some one whose sole purpose is to advocate reform and change. A muckraker is a voice for the voiceless and a soldier for the working-class. You won’t find an independent muckraker at a corporate-owned newspaper.

Here, you will get the truth – the good, the bad, the ugly.

I don't see what any of that has to do with two people I've never heard of filming some dumb movie at the Packard Plant. And I like how other stories are just blurbs about stories the Freep or Detnews already posted. That's REAL investigative journalism......

I like how he posts the definition of what a Muckraker is:
    A muckraker is a watchdog who exposes the truth by digging below the surface and exposing wrongdoing. Some one whose sole purpose is to advocate reform and change. A muckraker is a voice for the voiceless and a soldier for the working-class. You won’t find an independent muckraker at a corporate-owned newspaper.

Here, you will get the truth – the good, the bad, the ugly.

I don't see what any of that has to do with two people I've never heard of filming some dumb movie at the Packard Plant. And I like how other stories are just blurbs about stories the Freep or Detnews already posted. That's REAL investigative journalism......
    Does anyone besides me see Mary and Joseph with a donkey? Maybe they are on their way to pointing out the limitations of our culture of death in discerning truth.
    If Arquette is hunting for the truth he'll find a start in Ezekiel 37.

Anyone else find the irony in when the guy who runs that site got a gun pulled on him and chased when he was out taking photos in a bad area of town [[stupid idea), he used corporate media outlets to complain about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Dan Bassett View Post
    Does anyone besides me see Mary and Joseph with a donkey? Maybe they are on their way to pointing out the limitations of our culture of death in discerning truth.
    That's the first thing that I thought of.

Anyone else find the irony in when the guy who runs that site got a gun pulled on him and chased when he was out taking photos in a bad area of town [[stupid idea), he used corporate media outlets to complain about it?
    The fact that someone chased someone with a gun for taking photos, snapped me back to reality as to where I'm living and who my "neighbors" are. No, I didn't find it ironical @ all. I'm sorry you don't like the guy or his blog, BB. Maybe he should have done a piece on "The Bars of Midtown".

Also, when he says on the homepage, "You won’t find an independent muckraker at a corporate-owned newspaper," what is he basing this information off of? Where are his sources for this claim? Is it even true? Since I can go into some of his articles and pull out information that is untrue, does that make me a Muckraker to his site that claims he himself is a Muckraker?

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I'm sorry you don't like the guy or his blog, BB. Maybe he should have done a piece on "The Bars of Midtown".
    I never said I don't like HIM, I'm sure we would probably get along fine if we ever met. I just don't like how he's plugging his site here constantly. If he was doing something original and interesting I'd look the other way on the plugs, but his site is just unoriginal, mediocre, and with questionable content.

He has to have some sort of creditability before he can spout himself off as the deep inspirational "journalist" he claims to be. So far he has none. If someone was truly a "Muckraker", they wouldn't need to label them self one on their own webpage. We would be able to figure that out on our own based on the creditability and quality of his work.

I never said I don't like HIM, I'm sure we would probably get along fine if we ever met. I just don't like how he's plugging his site here constantly. If he was doing something original and interesting I'd look the other way on the plugs, but his site is just unoriginal, mediocre, and with questionable content.

He has to have some sort of creditability before he can spout himself off as the deep inspirational "journalist" he claims to be. So far he has none. If someone was truly a "Muckraker", they wouldn't need to label them self one on their own webpage. We would be able to figure that out on our own based on the creditability and quality of his work.
    He's not the only poster here guilty of running a shameless commerce division, @ least his costs you nothing. It's not hard core journalism by any stretch of the imagination, but I can't imagine going through life just "Clicking On 4".
    Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Dan Bassett View Post
    every pix tells a story, don't it? yes, it do.

http://www.filmindependent.org/filmm...-asiel-norton/

"I’m trying to create a look that is mythical, that feels organic and timeless, and that has a certain roughness or grittiness. The city itself is very decomposed and the world in the film is very decomposed. It’s a world of death and rebirth and so the visual style should mirror that. It’s an organic death, but a beautiful death."

I'd say that about sums up Detroit in a nutshell.

Looks like Muckraker dude Neavling just Google searches for his information and posts it on his. Maybe he will get fired [[again) from his own website for poor workmanship. He sure got to the bottle of this one folks!

Except for the chase scene, of course.....

Arquette had Thanksgiving dinner with a friend of a friend who has a family memeber working on the movie. I guess it all happened last minute. No one expects David Arquette to walk in the door, especially on Thanksgiving.
    Last edited by Islandman; November-26-12 at 03:47 PM.

i'm 100% with Bad Brains on this one...not even Charlie LeDuff's practices were this amateur or questionable.

Cole tweeted pictures of Detroit, along with this experience: “‘People walking around, heads on a swivel, got to watch at all times’ my driver to set this morning on why he carries a gun. Joy Rd, Detroit.”
    ugh...i wish these flaky hollywood types would just GTFO and go back where they belong.

Quote Originally Posted by Islandman View Post
    Arqueete had Thanksgiving dinner with a friend of a friend who has a family memeber working on the movie. I guess it all happened last minute. No one expects David Arquette to walk in the door, especially on Thanksgiving.
    Why not? The man's gotta eat.

I hear that, it would just trip me the hell out if he came walking into where I was eating at a family gathering.