Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Kind of like what the Republicans practice today. Very fitting!

ccbatson Guest

Some of them do...and they need to be exposed as imposters and traitors to conservative ideology.

Purge the bastards!

...as I read the echoes of Stalin and Hitler in Cc's posts. He talks a great deal about "individual liberty", yet his words reflect it should only be for those who agree with his views.

Cc, you may consider Obama a Marxist, but the version of governance you have promoted frightens me much more.

4real Guest

my point exactly, left wing extremists are more dangerous than right wingers because they hide behind a veil of helping out the disadvantaged while taking power from the individual.

Thanks 4real, I appreciate your sympathy and objective, intelligent and reasoned feedback. Yours truly, = 1KD =

Quote Originally Posted by 4real View Post
    my point exactly, left wing extremists are more dangerous than right wingers because they hide behind a veil of helping out the disadvantaged while taking power from the individual.
    ...as opposed to helping out the disadvantaged by freeing the market of all regulation or oversight and passing legistlation making it a crime against the state to be gay, non-Christian, or non-white.

I see what you mean.

ccbatson Guest

Excellent post elganned....a great example of an irrational argument. Laws against being gay, nonchristian and nonwhite...absurd in the extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Really? Any threads that are a collection of ad hominem name calling attacks from me?
    Just ad hominem attacks, constantly and consistently.

Why not discuss the issues without using posters' names or 2nd person pronouns?

ccbatson Guest

Because the responses are responses to???? a comment made by someone else.

Because the responses are responses to???? a comment made by someone else.
    Please refer to the Batsonian Primer of Internet Posting, a companion piece to the Official, but unpublished , Glossary of Batsonia.

It allows you excuses and deniability since you only allude, never define, anything.

ccbatson Guest

No substance beyond bitter attacks for me Jams?...I wonder what that could mean?

and the morons pound away on their keyboards......for years on end.........

ccbatson Guest

Let's give the rookie a break on that post by Redford Kid. Just this once.

This seemed as good a thread as any to post this. :
    It was a comment from the crowd that may have gone unnoticed. A Redding man, identified as Bert Stead of Redding told a town hall meeting in Redding last week, "I"m a proud right wing terrorist."

Congressman Wally Herger, who represents the district, didn't interrupt or condemn the comment. In response, Herger said, "Amen. God bless you. There's a great American."
    Now couple that outburst with the new birther/teabagging/deather fad of showing up weapons to rallies ..
    William Kostric of New Hampshire strapped a loaded gun to his leg and went to greet the president of the United States.

His message was sponsored with the tacit approval of a social networking site promoted by a well-connected Republican public-relations firm....

Standing with a crowd of anti-government protesters on the property of a church that abutted the high school campus where Barack Obama would conduct a town-hall meeting on health-care reform, Kostric carried a sign that read, "It's time to water the tree of liberty.

...anyone want to start a pool on when the first shooting happens? Or, who the target of the first assassination attempt will be? Obama or a congressman? I would think some sort of kicker for the more important the target would be appropriate.

ccbatson Guest

Bailey...we all hope and pray for a peaceful revolt, or, better yet, a preemptive surrender by the left to "We the People"

The left ARE the people. YOU are a part of a loud, moronic right-wing lunatic fringe

ccbatson Guest

The government, and those who wish government to dictate individual behavior, rather than protect the rights of individuals are most definitely not "the people" referred to....they are the enemy of individualism and therefore "the people"

Bailey...we all hope and pray for a peaceful revolt, or, better yet, a preemptive surrender by the left to "We the People"
    What will be the excuse in 2010 if the "we the people" contingent do not pick up any seats?

ccbatson Guest

Sweet dreams bailey.

Sweet dreams bailey.
    They are...and are obviously the stuff of nightmares for you.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    This seemed as good a thread as any to post this. : Now couple that outburst with the new birther/teabagging/deather fad of showing up weapons to rallies ...

...anyone want to start a pool on when the first shooting happens? Or, who the target of the first assassination attempt will be? Obama or a congressman? I would think some sort of kicker for the more important the target would be appropriate.
    My guess is that it will be a black flag incident with some KKK types set up to be the fall guys. This will happen if and when Obama oversteps the boundaries that his paymasters allow him. Biden has always been faithful to his masters while I suspect that Obama is actully trying to do what he can for the poor without upsetting big money. The hatred will be deflected toward the KKK types or whichever political groups is a threat to the corporatist elite in and out of government just as Clinton very successfully did with McVeigh. All evidence of third party involvement disappeared. A reporter was fired for reporting on it.

Since you don't get out much on the internet here is a video of a thug, the brownshirt, trying to agitate the New Hampshire guy with the gun. For what purpose, I don't know. The guy with the cap on at the beginning of the video is has the legal open carry gun. The thug then turns and spits at the closest person to the open carry guy but does not manage to provoke him into creating an incident. The police are shown letting the thugs walk away. The national news chose not to report this aspect of this incident.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUxjahek0f8

Lorax Guest

Any idiot who brings a firearm to a presidential rally is asking for it. The Secret Service did him a favor by not arresting him.

It's a security issue for the chief executive, which trumps any civil rights about carrying guns.

If Obama had been any nearer to this crowd, this fascist would have been picked up.

read the posts coming from the extremes in the right ,,,from our country and others that have a stake in preserving the status quo...they are very telling and yes frightening...the demonizing of our president by powerful groups and right wingers here and abroad scare balanced people. He is trying hard to reach out to change the world for the betterment of the disenfranchised and get our country back to moderation..but his battles with the extremes in the right [[whose eight years have planted seeds of separation and division) have taken on epic proportions... pure hate and stupidity because he is attacking the issues and not ignoring them in areas such as the economy, environmental issues, the middle-east peace process, trade issues is creating powerful enemies here abroad ...the memory of many is short sited...his goals are reasonable [[even the medical debate is downed out buy loud voices when these same people would have been on board in the past when asked how do they like insurance running our medical community)
    This is played out in manipulation and misinformation...one just has to read papers here from around the world and you will see moderate countries are welcoming the progress, and some fearing real progress turning up the heat for entrenched ideas that hasn't worked to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorax View Post
    Any idiot who brings a firearm to a presidential rally is asking for it. The Secret Service did him a favor by not arresting him.

It's a security issue for the chief executive, which trumps any civil rights about carrying guns.

If Obama had been any nearer to this crowd, this fascist would have been picked up.
    Lorax, Bringing a firearm to such an event is an over the top nervy thing to do just to make a point even though he was completely within his legal rights to do so. He was standing on private church property with the permission of the priest. He was, in fact, outside of the cordoned secret service security area and open carry is legal in New Hampshire. The secret service is considering having broader security zones. Once again, this is still a government of law rather than of the arbitrary executive dictates you seem to prefer. You remind me of those southern sheriffs back when people were making a point of their right to sit in the front of a bus or eat at a lunch counter. They might also have thought that those nervy folks were idiots 'asking for it'.

You didn't comment on the brownshirt Obama thug, your guy, that was doing everything possible to provoke the guy with the gun into creating an incident. What do you think that was all about? I wonder who sent him and why the police didn't do anything about it.

Lorax Guest

Sorry, didn't see any "brownshirt" incident.

When it comes to the security of the president, there are no civil liberties, sorry.

He was out of the cordon, fine, we all know that. If he was within it, he would have had his weapon confiscated and been detained.

Funny how a priest gives him permission to have a gun on church ground- shows you how lost religion really is in this country, and how politics of personal destruction is now engaged in by the so-called Christian churches.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast