Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    serpico Guest

Default Where is Kenneth Weiner today?

Anyone know where Ken Weiner is today and or what he is doing?

I'd be interested in knowing this, too.

JVB Guest

Last time I dug into this he was living in California, I wish I could remember where. I think he had a few legal problems out there too and was basically living in a condo and trying to hustle out a living.

edFigures.. just one of Coleman's crook and corrupt cronies that had NO place being in any positions of power in Detroit. So does anyone else think Ken took the fall for Coleman like so many others did back then?
    Last edited by Drexciya68; November-21-12 at 10:17 PM.

Was that Kenneth "Kruggerand" Weiner?

serpico Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Was that Kenneth "Kruggerand" Weiner?
    yes it is....

I can recall buying shoes from his boss at Sibley's in the Fyfe Building. He ended up working there after he got out of jail. I felt so sorry for the guy, but knew he was caught with tens of thousands in cash stuffed in his house!
    http://crimeindetroit.com/Documents/...t%20Guilty.pdf

"But Laura Hart stumbled badly on cross-examination when prosecutor Patrick Foley grilled her about taking the police jet to visit her daughter's family in California."

MY how times have changed.

serpico Guest

Chief Hart's attorney was: Thomas Cranmer....
    and now Thomas Cranmer is with Miller Canfield....
    wow...
    errie...
    so Detroit City Council refuses to deal with the law firm Miller Canfield....
    Wonder why?
    http://www.millercanfield.com/TomCranmer
    still.. where is Kenneth Weiner??? Hope he isnt working for Cranmer as a para legal.......

Quote Originally Posted by serpico View Post
    Chief Hart's attorney was: Thomas Cranmer....
    and now Thomas Cranmer is with Miller Canfield....
    wow...
    errie...
    so Detroit City Council refuses to deal with the law firm Miller Canfield....
    Wonder why?
    http://www.millercanfield.com/TomCranmer
    still.. where is Kenneth Weiner??? Hope he isnt working for Cranmer as a para legal.......
    And so? He's an attorney, you pay him, he represents you. You could make the same argument that McDonalds is a shady place because he ate a burger there once.

serpico Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    And so? He's an attorney, you pay him, he represents you. You could make the same argument that McDonalds is a shady place because he ate a burger there once.
    Perhaps... but Detroit City Council is hell bent against this law firm for some reason not stated publicly...
    It's not everyday your police chief is convicted of fraud and tax evasion......
    and his #2 man [[Ken Weiner) is no where to be found today....

Perhaps... but Detroit City Council is hell bent against this law firm for some reason not stated publicly...
    It's not everyday your police chief is convicted of fraud and tax evasion......
    and his #2 man [[Ken Weiner) is no where to be found today....
    Ok, Given that, wasn't M/C the firm recommended by the State of MI? They can't be THAT dumb, can they? Or do you think the State has another agenda.
    The Weiner question is valid, and if he is there, that would certainly warrant investigation. As far as "It's not everyday your police chief is convicted of fraud and tax evasion......" The Feds are ivestigating Detroit's Public Library, for chris sake.

Clownsil's buddies in their own pet law firms aren't getting any of the action.

serpico Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Ok, Given that, wasn't M/C the firm recommended by the State of MI? They can't be THAT dumb, can they? Or do you think the State has another agenda.
    The Weiner question is valid, and if he is there, that would certainly warrant investigation. As far as "It's not everyday your police chief is convicted of fraud and tax evasion......" The Feds are ivestigating Detroit's Public Library, for chris sake.
    No clue on the State.. Im just asking where is Kenneth Weiner today? No one seems to know where this guy is now or what he is doing. Weiner was a lifelong scammer. He invaded the halls of univerisities [[Wayne State and U of M). Weiner when given the opportunity will scam his way out. If he is surviving out of gargage cans in California so be it.. but if Weiner crawled his way back to Metro Detroit working behind the scenes that needs to be exposed.
    Where is Ken Weiner today?

Could this be him? [[From Zabasearch).

Kenneth B Weiner
    58 San Francisco, CA
    Alexandria, VA
    Jersey City, NJ
    New York, NY
    Washington, DC
    More Locations
    New York Law School
    Case Western Reserve University
    More Schools
    Nixon Peabody Llp
    Thelen Llp Formerly Thelen Reid Priest Formerly Reid Priest
    View More

Or, THIS could be him......

http://www.spokeo.com/Kenneth+Weiner

Ray: Maybe he is the guy. Look here – his photo is included:
    http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view...file_name_link

CV says he graduated New York Law School in 1986. But then there is a blank in is background when in 1992 [[about the time Hart was convicted) that he shows up at a law firm Thelen LLP in San Francisco. He stays there until 2008 when Thelen dissolves. He has been at Nixon Peabody LLP in Washington, DC since 2008 and remains there today.

Strange about the time break.

serpico Guest

neither one is our boy...
    our guy is:
    Kenneth A. Weiner

serpico Guest

last known address prior to conviction was: 4405 W Maple Rd Bloomfield Hills, MI 48301
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/1986-Press-P...-/261027045483

Photo of Weiner in 1990:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/1990-Kenneth...-/150906737643

serpico Guest

Weiner does have unclaimed property with the State of Michigan.. likely pension/401K/wages

https://treas-secure.state.mi.us/unc...kenneth+weiner

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    I can recall buying shoes from his boss at Sibley's in the Fyfe Building. He ended up working there after he got out of jail. I felt so sorry for the guy, but knew he was caught with tens of thousands in cash stuffed in his house!
    http://crimeindetroit.com/Documents/A%20Sorry%20End%20to%20Chief's%20Career%20Jury%20F inds%20Hart%20Guilty.pdf

A friend of mine provided info that helped get a lot of those guys [[Hart, Coleman's brother in law, etc) busted. I know there are still some of those crooked and corrupt characters from back then still around with some influence. I think it's one reason my friend is still in prison. Was ex top cop Bill Rice also close to Ken, Hart, etc back in the day? I know for a fact that Rice lied the parole board at my friend's 2003 hearing and my guess it was out of revenge and not any concerns for the public. Rice was recently charged with racketeering and drug charges?

serpico Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Drexciya68 View Post
    A friend of mine provided info that helped get a lot of those guys [[Hart, Coleman's brother in law, etc) busted. I know there are still some of those crooked and corrupt characters from back then still around with some influence. I think it's one reason my friend is still in prison. Was ex top cop Bill Rice also close to Ken, Hart, etc back in the day? I know for a fact that Rice lied the parole board at my friend's 2003 hearing and my guess it was out of revenge and not any concerns for the public. Rice was recently charged with racketeering and drug charges?
    He could have known Weiner and worked with him.. Ken Weiner is now 66 years old and William Rice is 60 years old.

He could have known Weiner and worked with him.. Ken Weiner is now 66 years old and William Rice is 60 years old.
    I think so too. So Ex Detroit cop Bill Rice goes out of his way in *2003* to fight against the release of Richard Wershe Jr. Who also happens to have helped put away many of Cay's crooked and criminal friend's,family members, and appointees. That also included Bill Rice's friend Gil Hill who was under investigation for his role in covering up the murder of 13 year old drug informant Damion Lucas. Rick Wershe knew and provided info on that cover-up, too. It's just sad that Weiner, Hart, James Harris, Willie Volson, and countless other crooks and corrupt officials got out after just a few years in prison while Rick is 25+ years into a life sentence.

serpico Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Drexciya68 View Post
    I think so too. So Ex Detroit cop Bill Rice goes out of his way in *2003* to fight against the release of Richard Wershe Jr. Who also happens to have helped put away many of Cay's crooked and criminal friend's,family members, and appointees. That also included Bill Rice's friend Gil Hill who was under investigation for his role in covering up the murder of 13 year old drug informant Damion Lucas. Rick Wershe knew and provided info on that cover-up, too. It's just sad that Weiner, Hart, James Harris, Willie Volson, and countless other crooks and corrupt officials got out after just a few years in prison while Rick is 25+ years into a life sentence.
    yep...
    I would love to see a Detroit reporter track down Ken Weiner and get him to talk. Interesting story that doesnt want to end....so many people tied to this case.
    By the way Coleman Young refered to Ken Weiner as "Doc" pg 43 44
    “I didn’t sell the gold. Doc sold the gold..."http://theclassicitsolutions.com/inf...0814332603.pdf

serpico Guest

Kenneth Weiner: 1964 [[per back of photo) Mumford High grad..
    but he was in class of 1962. Ken was born in 1946.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/1986-KENNETH...item416a717cdb
    Last edited by serpico; November-27-12 at 09:27 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast