Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default That $ in escrow

Helping Friendly City Council Strikes again. By clicking the H in Helping you will be privy to the Reuters article. My Linkabilities appear to leave much to be desired. Not sure why they shot this one out. An explanation would be appreciated. If I had to guess contracting with this lawfirm would have somehow stripped them of powers they probably shouldn't have anyways. Detroit does not need obstructionists. Part of me thinks the council wants Detroit to implode. Behind closed doors they talking about when the shit hits the fan the state will have NO choice but to pump that money in with no strings attached. Angry council is upset they cant steal with impunity. No money left and scrutiny abounds. Surprised they still do it.

Quote Originally Posted by rex View Post
    Helping Friendly City Council Strikes again. By clicking the H in Helping you will be privy to the Reuters article. My Linkabilities appear to leave much to be desired. Not sure why they shot this one out. An explanation would be appreciated. If I had to guess contracting with this lawfirm would have somehow stripped them of powers they probably shouldn't have anyways. Detroit does not need obstructionists. Part of me thinks the council wants Detroit to implode. Behind closed doors they talking about when the shit hits the fan the state will have NO choice but to pump that money in with no strings attached. Angry council is upset they cant steal with impunity. No money left and scrutiny abounds. Surprised they still do it.

I think a bankruptcy judge will set them straight.

Quote Originally Posted by gameguy56 View Post
    I think a bankruptcy judge will set them straight.
    A bankruptcy judge will set EVERYONE involved straight.

If they think $300K for Miller Canfield is a lot of money, wait until they see the initial bill for the Chapter 9 law firm.