Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Roadway Art Work in Las Vegas

Over the last ten years or so, highway improvements in Southern Nevada have included much art work and sculptures. Particularly impressive is the work along I-15, the main freeway through Las Vegas. Overpasses have desert-themed decorations and retaining walls sport artistic lizards and rattlers. Rock art abounds, and of particular charm are nearly a hundred sculptures of stallions [[wild horses) and big-horned desert sheep [[common to the area), made of sheet metal and wire. I wish I could get more photos of this wonderful work, but it's a bit touchy to photograph while driving a freeway. Anyway, here's one example, located at I-15 and Tropicana, for those familiar with the town. [[Note the two stallion sculptures across the freeway, also!)

I agree about the artwork, it is so beautiful. I did not see the sculptures but the wall and bridge art was certainly eye catching.

I hope nobody thinks they're real. That could cause an accident if someone swerved to avoid what they thought was a real horse. That one on the right looks like it's about to jump into traffic.

Wheres all the grass and trees?

No grass. We have three trees in a local park. People come from miles around to see them.