Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Good Lookin Neighborhoods

When we talk in positive terms about the neighborhoods in Detroit, we mostly mention Corktown, Palmer Woods, Downtown, Indian Village, Midtown and Sherwood Forest.

Name:  nei.jpg
Views: 1059
Size:  9.7 KB

Well I want to shout out other neighborhoods where there's good looking houses, hard working people, and neighbors who come together.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong View Post
    When we talk in positive terms about the neighborhoods in Detroit, we mostly mention Corktown, Palmer Woods, Downtown, Indian Village, Midtown and Sherwood Forest.

Name:  nei.jpg
Views: 1059
Size:  9.7 KB

Well I want to shout out other neighborhoods where there's good looking houses, hard working people, and neighbors who come together.

Please take the suggestion others have made and do a search in the archives at DYES before you post!

I drove down Oakland Blvd from Rosa Parks to Davison freeway and from Grand River to Greenfield and many houses still look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    Please take the suggestion others have made and do a search in the archives at DYES before you post!
    You'll see nobody threads like me.

You'll see nobody threads like me.
    More like Re-Threads, but then you seem to be the only one who does. Why is that?

Farnsworth between Mt Elliot and Elmwood. There has been a steady stream of young-uns buying and renting here, urban farming and fixing up brink of disaster homes here. I helped rehab my loves home back in 02 and still helping out. The neighborhood has just gotten better and better, a real community.

Cardoni Street between Nevada and 7 mile. True there are some boarder up and burned out homes, but the neighbors informally meet to talk about making things better. They came together and clean up the streets. They host gatherings in the Hawthrone Park, something for the kids on Halloweeen and big event in the summer bringing together old neighbors who used to hang out at the Hawthrone rec center.

University District between Parkside and Livernois, 7 Mile and 6 Mile, Still a very stable area
    Name:  ud.jpg
Views: 934
Size:  15.8 KB

How about many of the streets near Chandler Park?
    The boulevard looks nice.
    Name:  cp.jpg
Views: 939
Size:  6.0 KB

How about many of the streets near Chandler Park?
    The boulevard looks nice.
    Name:  cp.jpg
Views: 939
Size:  6.0 KB
    How about it...

and just when I thought it couldn't get worse than the "Detroit has tall churches" thread...

i hope the substance in these threads and posts aren't indicative of how your documentary will be. that's just me hoping, no need to further explain your film to us again.

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    and just when I thought it couldn't get worse than the "Detroit has tall churches" thread...

i hope the substance in these threads and posts aren't indicative of how your documentary will be. that's just me hoping, no need to further explain your film to us again.
    Detroit does have some tall churches

I don't explain or even mention that I'm doing a documentary, I post that in the Connect in Detroit, but thanks for the shout out.

I wrote this thread because many of your friends seem to think that Detroit should go bankrupt expect for a few neighborhoods. Well I want to speak up for the other neighborhoods that have some problems but also have some people who are working to make what's left apart of The Great Detroit.

A friend of mine lives on East Outer Drive near Warren and she's her block club captain and she tells me about the good stuff they are doing. So I hope that you don't mind I acknowledge her and people like her.

Back to my documentary, I can make you famous, just purchase one of my patron ads and I'll include your name among the film's credits. Click here:
    http://strongdetroit.net/EShop/EShop...1-04a6a748874d

We have all concluded that there are tall churches in Detroit. Some are so tall you can see them from miles away. We also know that there are good neighborhoods in Detroit and in those neighborhoods there are good people working very hard in those neighborhoods. We have discussed neighborhoods both good and bad extensively. So much so that they have been discussed to death. If you don't believe me check the archives. I am sure that is one of the reasons why they are there. There are a lot of tall things in Detroit. There are tall people in Detroit who tell tall tales..but I digress....Sorry...
    Last edited by MidTownMs; November-18-12 at 07:57 PM.

"There are tall people in Detroit who tell tall tales..but I digress...."

Do you have any links to any studies that have been done on or proof of the existence of these so-called "tall people in Detroit who tell tall tales"?
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; November-18-12 at 08:12 PM. Reason: stuoidity

Back to my documentary, I can make you famous, just purchase one of my patron ads and I'll include your name among the film's credits. Click here:
    http://strongdetroit.net/EShop/EShop...1-04a6a748874d
    so you mention it anyway... i dont know how i could become famous from a documentary that nobody is going to watch but ok.

just quit posting pointless crap, i guess thats what im getting at.

so you mention it anyway... i dont know how i could become famous from a documentary that nobody is going to watch but ok.

just quit posting pointless crap, i guess thats what im getting at.
    Shouldn't it be obvious to you by now that all such requests have been and will be ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by MidTownMs View Post
    Shouldn't it be obvious to you by now that all such requests have been and will be ignored.
    im a masochist.

im a masochist.
    You'd have to be.

im a masochist.
    Well you haven't been since you've been dangling from the Broderick Tower....

Rosedale Park and Grandmont, over near Grand River and Southfield.