Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default "Because We Cannot Afford To Gather The Scraps" coming soon to the trolls, too

The state has money to spend on an advertising campaign.

An idiotic attempt to quell the swelling rolls of Darwin Award winners, so it will surely fall on deaf ears.

Please, UPpers, drive safely this winter, we can't afford to send anyone up there to try to put all your pieces back together again.

It's only a matter of time before we hear this downstate.

Just re-read the article.

This is bought by Federal Dollars.

I think that is sweet. President Obama really CARES about those stupid enough to vote for Mitt.

Although, UP there, it might not completely be stupidity, there might be some bigotry fueling their Anti-O fire, too.

More from Michigan State Police's New Campaign Urges U.P. Motorists: Drive Slow in Ice and Snow article:
    Weather-related crashes are focused in Houghton, Marquette and Alger counties....

Myth: The lower the temperature, the more slippery the road.
    Fact: Roads are most slippery when the thermometer hovers around freezing. Black ice is deadly!

Myth: "When it starts snowing, I give myself an extra car length to stop."
    Fact: It can take up to 10 times longer to stop in snowy or icy weather. Look ahead and begin braking well in advance of an intersection.

Myth: "Using my cruise control during the winter is no big deal."
    Fact: A sudden loss of traction could cause your wheels to slip, making the car skid. In winter months, keep cruise control off.