Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Israel widens air assault on Gaza after Hamas targets Jerusalem

From Huffington Article:

The new attacks, which Gaza officials say left 10 dead, followed an unprecedented rocket strike aimed at the contested holy city of Jerusalem that raised the stakes in Israel's violent confrontation with Palestinian militants and extended the battlefield.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2149964.html

See other news links:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/17/wo...a-assault.html

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/11...aeli-invasion/

Fighting appears to be all those people do over there. It's been going on for thousands of years and will probably go on for thousands more. I say sit back and watch the show. Vegas should get on this action. Money could be made.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Brains View Post
    Fighting appears to be all those people do over there. It's been going on for thousands of years and will probably go on for thousands more. I say sit back and watch the show. Vegas should get on this action. Money could be made.
    I don't really get this assessment, at all. The Ottoman Empire kept what is now Israel pretty quiet for hundreds of years. There have always been Jews in the area, but the fighting between Jews and Arabs really began and escalated with the Aliyahs of the late 19th century and through the 20th century.

Ironically, Europeans have a much better stronger record of continuously trying to destroy each other. Religious wars, dynastic wars, Napoleanic Wars, World Wars, oh my! Even up to the present day, what with what used to be Yugoslavia and all.

As much as I'd like to be removed from the current fiasco in the Middle East, Israel likely has nuclear capability and Iran may soon too. There is a lot at stake their.

I'm neither pro-Israel nor pro-Palestine. They both behave quite badly. They both have a right to be there. They both need to figure out an equitable solution based on that.

GUSHI Guest

Te former Yugoslavia was fine until Milsovic, became president. And fuked everything up,
    Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    I don't really get this assessment, at all. The Ottoman Empire kept what is now Israel pretty quiet for hundreds of years. There have always been Jews in the area, but the fighting between Jews and Arabs really began and escalated with the Aliyahs of the late 19th century and through the 20th century.

Ironically, Europeans have a much better stronger record of continuously trying to destroy each other. Religious wars, dynastic wars, Napoleanic Wars, World Wars, oh my! Even up to the present day, what with what used to be Yugoslavia and all.

As much as I'd like to be removed from the current fiasco in the Middle East, Israel likely has nuclear capability and Iran may soon too. There is a lot at stake their.

I'm neither pro-Israel nor pro-Palestine. They both behave quite badly. They both have a right to be there. They both need to figure out an equitable solution based on that.

I wonder if this would be a better world if there were no such thing as religion?

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    I wonder if this would be a better world if there were no such thing as religion?
    I ask the same question. I would say yes, it would definitely be a better world.

Every time I see a story on the Palestinians I see kids and suffering.
    Every time I see a story on Israel they show army men armed to the teeth.
    .. could it be possible they are trying to embed an impression on us?

These guys need to build a bigger, more gigantic wall between them and never bother each other again. But that's never gonna happen.

Today, There was a story about Hamas proudly boasting about having blown up an Israeli bus. There was another story about a 13 year old Israeli boy who had invented an app that allows cell phone owners to know when there is an incoming missile. People in cars or inside of buildings often could not hear sirens. This app alerts them if they cannot otherwise hear the sirens. Over 130,000 people have downloaded this app so far.

Jews and Arabs have been fighting over dirt and sand for 10,000 years and they continue to fight over dirt and sand for another 10,000 years until revelation.

By the way only 30 days until Mayan calender ends.

Here's a new slant on the Palestinians we haven't seen reported by the US Press. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...aying-mob.html

Quote Originally Posted by GUSHI View Post
    Te former Yugoslavia was fine until Milsovic, became president. And fuked everything up,
    Sort of. Things were okay under Tito because he didn't take any shit from the rival ethnicities. The Yugo ethnicities are distinguished primarily by their undying hatred for each other, because biologically genetic differences in Slavic genetic stock are REALLY important for some reason. After Tito died the country was left in a vacuum, with each republic vying for influence. Slobo stepped in with a platform of Serbian nationalism and message that Serbia had some sort of manifest destiny to attain, despite all evidence to the contrary. If it weren't for him, nationalism and division would have still split the country up as it was already bursting at the seams with resentment between the Republics. It's a shame, it's a beautiful place, with very nice people [[who all speak the same damn language anyway). Now it's just a lot harder to get from one part of it to the other.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/worldwa...lavia_01.shtml

It's a good reminder of how we Americans, while we have significant racial issues, live largely apart from the murky ethnic issues Europeans have always dealt with.
    Last edited by poobert; November-21-12 at 12:28 PM.

GUSHI Guest

It's is a beautiful place, I have land and 2 homes there, one built recently, Tito kept it all together, and your right he didn't take shit, use had multiply religions, catholic, orthodox, Muslim,. None of that mattered to him, i had realtive who came here and went back because they felt yugoslavia was a better place to live, The language was not all the same, in many parts of montenergro Albanian Is spoken, and also in Kosovo , Milsovic fuked it all up, just ask all the Bosnians who family member are buried in mass graves, or Albanians who kid and woman were killed Kosovo, I just don't get how someone can hate someone because of there religion, I'M Albanian Catholic, Albanian was under hundreds of years of Muslim rule, I don't hate Muslims for that, Miloshovic killed alot of people just because they were Muslim, he burning in hell,