Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default 24 Spa Grille in Book Cadillac Appears Closed

I have driven by the last two weekends and haven't seen any activity. I guess the looming abatross called the Lafayette Building has scared patrons away. What gives?

crawford Guest

Well. if you're a Michigan resident, you helped pay for the spa. Call the Governor's office...

Called the switchboard at the Westin Book Cadillac and the operator said the room was closed for the evening but was not closed as out of business...

DetroitDad Guest

I am pretty sure they aren't closed. I was watching them hanging the new awnings and making some other small improvements to the Michigan side patio just last weak.

didn't they have a fire recently? maybe they were closed for a few days for repairs?

Heard from one of the owners they had a small electrical fire, will be re-opening today.....

Look open today when driving through downtown.

was open last thursday when I had drinks there. there was a pretty decent size crowd for after work on a weekday too.

on a related note, Roast is no longer serving lunch and is now only open for dinner

That's funny. I drove passed there around 9:00 p.m. Monday and nothing was going on. Do they close early on Mondays? I'm not trying to prove a point, but it just seems strange that the last three times I have driven passed, there has been no activity going on whatsoever. Dancing frog?

The 24 Grill is closed due to maintanance problems. It will be fix in a couple weeks.

Blarf Guest

Is this place overpriced too?

[[Almost) nothing in this town is open on Mondays. That would be because there's [[almost) no people here on Mondays.

Gambling_man is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Thank goodness for Mondays. It gives the businesses and locals a chance to catch their collective breathes from all the hustle and bustle, traffic and swarms of customers that make up the rest of the week.

I can only assume Ben and Jerry's closes before desert hours because they have run out of ice cream.
    i agree. many service-industry businesses are closed on monday - bars, restaurants, salons, etc.

for many service-industry folks, since they often work saturday and/or sunday, monday is part of their weekend. and as mentioned, mondays are often dead anyway.

Unless I was mistaken or they have photo's of people sitting at tables in the windows to look busy, they appeared open today at 1:35pm. ROAST, however is closed for lunch

Detroitbob, you must be seeing the reflections of people walking in the street when you pass there. Again, I passed there this evening around 8:30 p.m. and there was no activity. They usually have a flat screen TV on when they're open. I haven't seen it on any of the times I have passed. Today I made a special effort and stopped right in front. The TV was off and items appeared to be covering the bar. Basically, if they're closed due to an electrical fire, fine. Hopefully, that's all it is.

detmich Guest

Quote Originally Posted by royce View Post
    Detroitbob, you must be seeing the reflections of people walking in the street when you pass there. Again, I passed there this evening around 8:30 p.m. and there was no activity. They usually have a flat screen TV on when they're open. I haven't seen it on any of the times I have passed. Today I made a special effort and stopped right in front. The TV was off and items appeared to be covering the bar. Basically, if they're closed due to an electrical fire, fine. Hopefully, that's all it is.
    Royce, if you are so concerned then why not go there and stop asking about it on a completely unrelated web forum?

But it is so much easier to speculate and spread rumors.

Detmich and rjlj, I was in my right to "ask" the question that I posed on this thread. My response is to Detroitbob, who keeps telling me something different from what I'm seeing. Then there are others on here explaining the reason why 24 Spa Grille is closed. So who should I believe - those in the know, my own eyes, or someone who keeps saying the direct opposite from two other sources?

My disagreement is with Detroitbob. I was responding to his last post with what I believe is a legitmate response. Yes, I was being a bit of a smart alect in my response, but it was all in jest. For the two of you, to respond to me like you did indicates that you didn't get that. That is what happens when you butt into other people's business.

Detroiters: Thank you so much for your concern about Spa 19 24 Grille's business! We are happy to announce that we will be open for business next week after closing for 11 days due to a very small electrical malfunction. Unfortunately, in the world of insurance companies and subcontrators, a small electrical malfunction can take days [[sometimes weeks) to remediate due to the amount of inspections and processes. Although the amount of work needed to make the repair took less than a day, we had to follow certain protocal on our timeline to re-open.

It has been interesting reading some of the comments posted by the forum... I would be interested to hear more feedback. What do you think about the concept? Have you vistied the Spa or Champagne Bar? Are you excited about the outdoor patio we just built? Do you like our food and bar? How is our service? We are Detroitiers who care about feedback from other Detroiters. This is your restaurant, so please help us do a great job for you!

Quote Originally Posted by 24grille View Post
    Detroiters: Thank you so much for your concern about Spa 19 24 Grille's business! We are happy to announce that we will be open for business next week after closing for 11 days due to a very small electrical malfunction. Unfortunately, in the world of insurance companies and subcontrators, a small electrical malfunction can take days [[sometimes weeks) to remediate due to the amount of inspections and processes. Although the amount of work needed to make the repair took less than a day, we had to follow certain protocal on our timeline to re-open.

It has been interesting reading some of the comments posted by the forum... I would be interested to hear more feedback. What do you think about the concept? Have you vistied the Spa or Champagne Bar? Are you excited about the outdoor patio we just built? Do you like our food and bar? How is our service? We are Detroitiers who care about feedback from other Detroiters. This is your restaurant, so please help us do a great job for you!
    Does the vacant Lafayette Building across the street keep all your customers away?

Quote Originally Posted by ghettopalmetto View Post
    Does the vacant Lafayette Building across the street keep all your customers away?
    People quit going there cuz it's too crowded

detmich Guest

I drove by Bookies. It looks closed. Is it?

detmich Guest

Quote Originally Posted by royce View Post
    Detmich and rjlj, I was in my right to "ask" the question that I posed on this thread. My response is to Detroitbob, who keeps telling me something different from what I'm seeing. Then there are others on here explaining the reason why 24 Spa Grille is closed. So who should I believe - those in the know, my own eyes, or someone who keeps saying the direct opposite from two other sources?

My disagreement is with Detroitbob. I was responding to his last post with what I believe is a legitmate response. Yes, I was being a bit of a smart alect in my response, but it was all in jest. For the two of you, to respond to me like you did indicates that you didn't get that. That is what happens when you butt into other people's business.

Stop butting into Spa 24's business.