Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Still Trying To Hinder Cannabis Consumption

I caught this story on the Freep this morning. It pisses me off, but not enough to ruin the morning.

Headline reads, "With pot legal, police worry about road safety"

Silly mf'ers stuck in their old paradigm.

The TRUE headline should read, "Since they can't easily rob innocent people through drug-related property seizure, police worry where their play money will come from now"

Here is the truth, for those who don't yet know...consuming cannabis within moderate medicinal levels, which is best for everything except extreme pain toleration, makes one a BETTER driver. More aware. More calm behind the wheel.

http://felonbook.info/new-study-prov...safer-drivers/

Salute our police officers, take a toke every time you see one on the road. It makes Ohio and Oklahoma, and locally, Livonia and Troy, tolerable...but the frequency of encountering cops in those police states encroaches upon one's ability to moderate. Shouldn't have more than one hit per hour while driving.

OK, now I'm not mad any longer.
    Last edited by Gannon; November-15-12 at 08:32 AM.

This is my favorite part of that article...the new study one, not the Freep idiocy.

As an auto insurance provider, 4autoinsurancequote.org said that marijuana use can also have an indirect effect on insurance rates. Because of the correlation between marijuana use and lower rates of accident responsibility, they said marijuana users, as a group, can expect in the future to see lower insurance rates than non-marijuana users.

These are the LEOs we need to be supporting.

http://www.leap.cc/

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    This is my favorite part of that article...the new study one, not the Freep idiocy.
    In 1986, I took part in a joint IIHS DOT study of the comparative effects of marijuana, alcohol and fatigue on driving safety. The study groups got measured dosages of marijuana or alcohol over a 5-hour period. the exhaustion group was kept occupied for 12 hours before the testing started [[i was in that group. darn). every fifteen minutes we were asked to drive an obstacle course as quickly as possible. For the first 2 hours, the alcohol group was the only group to show diminished capacity. After that, the fatigue group quickly caught up in accidents. The marijuana group actually improved until the final hour, when most of them reported feeling fatigued to the point that they just wanted to take a nap. Interestingly, the results were never published​, although one of the automotive writers involved did write a short article about his experience.

That is cool, Rb.

You don't remember which journalist, do ya?

Paul Eisenstein wasn't part of that group, was he?!

This bears investigating...I wonder how long they've known the truth?

Cheers