Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by p69rrh51 View Post
    I took a look at his sponsors. Besides the usual clueless foundations there is one gigantic sponsor of the arts in Detroit not listed! I wonder why that is??
    You, Mr./Ms. "Simular" appear to believe art must be sanctioned by some super band of elites to be considered "art." If that's the case, then your head may be farther up your stinky opinion than I first thought. Doing a drive-by on Guyton and/or Chaz Miller at Artist Village up in Old Redford serves what purpose? Both artists are very much engaged in their communities and have worked very hard to reach out to young Detroiters with their projects.
    Maybe you don't like to be reminded of the blight that disinvestment and mobility brought to town. Or maybe it is uncomfortable to own your part in sustaining our luxury-item throw-away society [[Both artists speak to these issues).
    Hustling the accumulated shiny things of rich folks at DuMouchelle apparently has made you a great arbiter of taste. Tell us about the positive and life affirming contributions you have made in Detroit and how you choose to engage the young people who are here. Your trash talk serves whom?

Who is this trash artist Everywhere? He seems to be, well, you know, everywhere.

I suspect that nothing beats something in this instance. I don't believe it, not in this case for sure.

Name:  av.jpg
Views: 891
Size:  14.3 KB

Detroiters coming together including Motor City Blight Busters and if this ain't positive then what is?

Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Dan Bassett View Post
    You, Mr./Ms. "Simular" appear to believe art must be sanctioned by some super band of elites to be considered "art." If that's the case, then your head may be farther up your stinky opinion than I first thought. Doing a drive-by on Guyton and/or Chaz Miller at Artist Village up in Old Redford serves what purpose? Both artists are very much engaged in their communities and have worked very hard to reach out to young Detroiters with their projects.
    Maybe you don't like to be reminded of the blight that disinvestment and mobility brought to town. Or maybe it is uncomfortable to own your part in sustaining our luxury-item throw-away society [[Both artists speak to these issues).
    Hustling the accumulated shiny things of rich folks at DuMouchelle apparently has made you a great arbiter of taste. Tell us about the positive and life affirming contributions you have made in Detroit and how you choose to engage the young people who are here. Your trash talk serves whom?
    There is no art without money! Guyton sure likes all the money from his sponsors who also in that super band of elites! How is nailing a hubcap or stapling an old plastic toy engaging the public? For most of us if we did that we would receive a ticket.
    As for engaging young people that is not my job! Although I am in the process of cataloging all architect designed buildings in the city/region for future reference [[See the thread Detroit's wealth of architectural talent) what are you doing for the city?
    Last even though there are plenty of rich people who bid at DuMouchlles most are hard working average people!
    The place is a joke and if you don't like it you do not have read my threads!!
    Last edited by p69rrh51; November-15-12 at 09:25 AM.

There is no art without money! Guyton sure likes all the money from his sponsors who also in that super band of elites! How is nailing a hubcap or stapling an old plastic toy engaging the public? For most of us if we did that we would receive a ticket.
    As for engaging young people that is not my job! Although I am in the process of cataloging all architect designed buildings in the city/region for future reference [[See the thread Detroit's wealth of architectural talent) what are you doing for the city?
    Last even though there are plenty of rich people who bid at DuMouchlles most are hard working average people!
    The place is a joke and if you don't like it you do not have read my threads!!
    art speaks to everyone differently, that's the beauty of it. your opinion on it holds no more weight than anyone else's. you've stated time and time again that you don't like it, great, lose the attitude that everyone must share your taste. it's snobbish and egotistical...

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    art speaks to everyone differently, that's the beauty of it. your opinion on it holds no more weight than anyone else's. you've stated time and time again that you don't like it, great, lose the attitude that everyone must share your taste. it's snobbish and egotistical...
    You also forgot arrogant!! Its pathetic that its actually considered art. I bet most of the DYers could not name the head of styling for all of the big three without googling it! We can go overboard for someone who takes other's creations and hangs them up but have no clue about those who actually create something. Also look around in the last couple years we have lost priceless artifacts actually CREATED by very talented Detroiters and nobody lifted a finger, but we hail someone who just puts our garbage out for all to see. You all need to get a reality check!
    As with the my last thread if you don't like it don't read it.
    Last edited by p69rrh51; November-15-12 at 01:21 PM.

You also forgot arrogant!! Its pathetic that its actually considered art. I bet most of the DYers could not name the head of styling for all of the big three without googling it! We can go overboard for someone who takes other's creations and hangs them up but have no clue about those who actually create something. Also look around in the last couple years we have lost priceless artifacts actually CREATED by very talented Detroiters and nobody lifted a finger, but we hail someone who just puts our garbage out for all to see. You all need to get a reality check!
    As with the my last thread if you don't like it don't read it.
    YOUR thread?

No one really cares whether you like Guyton's creations, or whether you consider it art. You're free to feel however you want about it and so is everyone else. What you're not free to do is completely deny it's impact. It's an influential project throughout the world, brings hundreds of thousands of visitors to Detroit, and has dramatically improved a drug-infested slum of a neighborhood.

For a group that is very independent in its thinking nobody likes it if you go against the "norm". I bet there are quite a few who are thinking about it now or are going damn he is right! Its influencial in extremely small sectors around the world mostly critics[[those who tell us what to like but never buy the art themselves). As for drug infested meet me there any day we can by anything you want on Heidelberg. The crime has not stopped if anything the project brings the idiots to the criminals! Just ask all who have had their automobiles broken into. There is even a thread started for an idiot who was dumb enough to leave her valuables in plain sight [[I was happy she received very little sympahty here) and lost it all within seconds of her leaving her car. Last I while I think there are quite few visiting here to see the project. Most of the supposed hundreds of thousands are here to see are legitimate sights and and go by to say they "were" there.
    Last edited by p69rrh51; November-15-12 at 02:20 PM.

For a group that is very independent in its thinking nobody likes it if you go against the "norm". I bet there are quite a few who are thinking about it now or are going damn he is right! Its influencial in extremely small sectors around the world mostly critics[[those who tell us what to like but never buy the art themselves).
    Independent thinking like telling people what they should like? can't really slight an art critic when you're doing the exact same thing. the only difference is the hissy fit your having over tyree... I doubt a critic would do that.

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    Independent thinking like telling people what they should like? can't really slight an art critic when you're doing the exact same thing. the only difference is the hissy fit your having over tyree... I doubt a critic would do that.
    No hissy fit here except for your's, just pointing out the facts, and most art critics are far more harsh than I am. Although I do like jousting with someone passionate about their view, and getting those fence sitters thinking.

pointing out facts? someone's opinion on art is now a fact... anddddddd I'm done. for someone who claims to understand and appreciate art you really know nothing about it and its impact.

Yes I do know about its impact I have answer questions on its stupidity and why its there constantly!

Yes I do know about its impact I have answer questions on its stupidity and why its there constantly!
    heh. huh? I can haz cheezburger? all your base are belong to us.

p69. I gotta ask. Did the broken concerte stacks on Belle Isle do anything for you, if you knew of them or remember them? That was just basicly trash too, recycled. You wont hurt my feelings.

What about the artwork in the windows of some storefronts on Woodward. The artist used stick em post it notes as the medium. In my opinion some of the images are very good.
    Name:  detroit-city.jpg
Views: 800
Size:  40.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    p69. I gotta ask. Did the broken concerte stacks on Belle Isle do anything for you, if you knew of them or remember them? That was just basicly trash too, recycled. You wont hurt my feelings.
    The old Nike Missile sites? I never worry about hurting feelings on here you have to have thick skin to chat on here.

Name:  4f1827ea7bbd941d20_03m6b0s8y.jpg
Views: 730
Size:  58.7 KB

The positives of trash art. I like or not that isn't the question.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2