Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Detroit's Trash Artist Everywhere

First let me say that I don't think that graffiti art is trash. True some of it I can't read or understand but some of it is really very creative.
    Looks like that are more graffiti artist doing their thing around town. They are using the walls around Highland Park, near the site for the new fire station.
    They have done a piece at the entrance of Hamtramck at Jos Campau, they have done a very nice piece at Eastern Market, along Gratiot right before the I-375 freeway entrance.

Name:  graffiti.jpg
Views: 1281
Size:  13.7 KB

They have done a eye catchy mural on the the wall at the Russell Industrial Center

Name:  rus.jpg
Views: 1273
Size:  13.8 KB

And, the other form of trash art, again no slight on the talent is the Heidenlberg Project, he has really made a name for himself.

Name:  hb.jpg
Views: 1245
Size:  12.5 KB

There's another artist doing simular art on Lasher at Grand River.

I guess there's no level to the talent in The Great Detroit.

there is absolutely no point to this...

That would depend on one's idea of art, and Heidelberg project is one of the biggest eyesores in the city! Anyone can hang junk on abandoned homes and call it art but its just what it is trash piled up on trash!
    Last edited by p69rrh51; November-13-12 at 04:58 PM.

Lookout.....here comes Lowell......

at least they have lots of material....

I knew that this thread was going to be trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by p69rrh51 View Post

That would depend on one's idea of art, and Heidelberg project is one of the biggest eyesores in the city! Anyone can hang junk on abandoned homes and call it art but its just what it is trash piled up on trash!
    Somebody likes his craft for he has been well celebrated internationally. I heard that he was commissioned to create something in Australia.

This is another of his creations.
    Name:  shoes.jpg
Views: 940
Size:  12.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Strong View Post
    Somebody likes his craft for he has been well celebrated internationally. I heard that he was commissioned to create something in Australia.

This is another of his creations.
    Name:  shoes.jpg
Views: 940
Size:  12.6 KB
    I can't help the bad taste of others!

I can't help the bad taste of others!
    All his taste is in his mouth...

Quote Originally Posted by MidTownMs View Post
    All his taste is in his mouth...
    No just know CRAP when I see it!

No just know CRAP when I see it!
    I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about the creator of the Heidleberg Project.

Quote Originally Posted by MidTownMs View Post
    I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about the creator of the Heidleberg Project.
    Sorry MidtownMs misread that! For years I have refused to take friends and visitors to Detroit there. Some eventually find their way there and universally think the project is a joke after viewing the area.

Sorry MidtownMs misread that! For years I have refused to take friends and visitors to Detroit there. Some eventually find their way there and universally think the project is a joke after viewing the area.
    Just like some of these threads.

@ p69rrh51.
    Where did you study? Maybe you didnt like Warhols soup cans either because its just recycled? Guess what, they both bring in prosperity by the likes of more creative people and businessness to Detroit and cities all over. Just because you wouldnt like a Guyton painted car hood hanging on your living room wall doesnt make it crap, I call it prosperity. I bring all my out of town friends to the Heidelberg and they are amazed of what someone has made out of what he only had to work with. If you sit at the Heidelberg for just an hour any given day I dare you to count the number of cars that roll through.
    Art is not as simple as just having one opinion, art is a community enjoying the thought of whatever art they see. Some art makes it and others do not. But you go with your ideas, the Heidelberg isnt going anywhere soon, and if it does it will be in museums.

But we all have our opinions, your entitled to yours. I just felt the need to respond.
    Last edited by Django; November-14-12 at 06:05 AM.

Paging Lowell to weigh in here ........
    Last edited by Zacha341; November-14-12 at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    @ p69rrh51.
    Where did you study? Maybe you didnt like Warhols soup cans either because its just recycled? Guess what, they both bring in prosperity by the likes of more creative people and businessness to Detroit and cities all over. Just because you wouldnt like a Guyton painted car hood hanging on your living room wall doesnt make it crap, I call it prosperity. I bring all my out of town friends to the Heidelberg and they are amazed of what someone has made out of what he only had to work with. If you sit at the Heidelberg for just an hour any given day I dare you to count the number of cars that roll through.
    Art is not as simple as just having one opinion, art is a community enjoying the thought of whatever art they see. Some art makes it and others do not. But you go with your ideas, the Heidelberg isnt going anywhere soon, and if it does it will be in museums.

But we all have our opinions, your entitled to yours. I just felt the need to respond.
    You're absolutely right about opinions. They're just like a__holes. Everybody has one.

I've visted the Heidelberg project and personally don't like it. As it being art....well.....really. That part is the joke. The "shoe" display behind Ye Olde Butcher Shop is attempting to hide a beautiful building or at the very least make fun it. The building itself is the art!

@Django I'm with you.
    Art is in the eye of the beholder.
    Somebody likes Guyton's art, he's making a living and even hired some people.

When I asked what's the most recognized names of Detroit artist, Guyton's name was at the top of the list.
    Name:  guyton.jpg
Views: 819
Size:  13.2 KB

Heidelberg Project was one of the first places I went when I visited Detroit for a weekend last summer. I quite enjoyed it. Never seen anything like it on such a scale. Well worth the visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Artistic View Post
    The "shoe" display behind Ye Olde Butcher Shop is attempting to hide a beautiful building or at the very least make fun it. The building itself is the art!
    While I can't speak for Mr. Guyton, I think the intention is not to hide the building, but to create a conversation. Living on that block, it is a welcome addition for me. I would rather see the shoes than watch the buildling continue to crumble. I also believe that the art scares away the dope dealers and attracts welcome visitors to the neighborhood [[students, tourists, etc.)

Art is definitely in the eye of the beholder, but it's hilarious to me to hear people say "well, I've seen art and this is not art!"

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    @ p69rrh51.

People driving by leering does not make it art! As for study I attended Wayne State University, but learned more the 20 years working on and off at the only auction house downtown! I would rather see an artists colony in the area around Heidelberg especially a building housing Lowell's work. As for the project its ABSOLUTE CRAP!!!

People driving by leering does not make it art! As for study I attended Wayne State University, but learned more the 20 years working on and off at the only auction house downtown! I would rather see an artists colony in the area around Heidelberg especially a building housing Lowell's work. As for the project its ABSOLUTE CRAP!!!
    You may not consider it art, but there's no question it's one of Detroit's biggest attractions, made a major positive influence on the city, and is influential around the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    You may not consider it art, but there's no question it's one of Detroit's biggest attractions, made a major positive influence on the city, and is influential around the world.
    Somewhat true in that it is an attraction[[good or bad), but it fits right in the the world's impression of us a garbage dump on a broken down neighborhood.

Somewhat true in that it is an attraction[[good or bad), but it fits right in the the world's impression of us a garbage dump on a broken down neighborhood.
    I think you should do some research on it's impact. It is a well-known, positive impact attraction, especially internationally.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    I think you should do some research on it's impact. It is a well-known, positive impact attraction, especially internationally.
    I took a look at his sponsors. Besides the usual clueless foundations there is one gigantic sponsor of the arts in Detroit not listed! I wonder why that is??
    Last edited by p69rrh51; November-14-12 at 04:55 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast