Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Weird sqaure holes cut into overpass fences on the Davison...

Anyone else seen these? Every overpass fence along WB davison btw 75 and the lodge has a square hole cut into it. Possibly an access port for some one to drop stuff onto passing cars?

Or maybe some 'artist' preparing to deface public infrastructure?

"Every overpass fence along WB davison btw 75 and the lodge has a square hole cut into it."

Do they look symmetrical or random? Nothing like scrappers stealing metal?

"Possibly an access port for some one to drop stuff onto passing cars?"

God forbid......

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    "Every overpass fence along WB davison btw 75 and the lodge has a square hole cut into it."

Do they look symmetrical or random? Nothing like scrappers stealing metal?

"Possibly an access port for some one to drop stuff onto passing cars?"

God forbid......
    Each hole is the same rectangular shape, about 12" x 7" and they are in the same locations on each overpass.

Quote Originally Posted by CountrySquire View Post
    Each hole is the same rectangular shape, about 12" x 7" and they are in the same locations on each overpass.
    Too small for a bowling ball.

Remember that?

Where on the overpasses are they? Sounds like it could be a cam or light port, or for wiring.

Quote Originally Posted by gazhekwe View Post
    Where on the overpasses are they? Sounds like it could be a cam or light port, or for wiring.
    Kind of midway up, maybe 5' above sidewalk surface. They definitely look like they were cut out by hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Remember that?
    Yeah, it seemed that the bridges within a mile of a bowling alley were the first to be fenced in the early 1980's! I was too young to be doing what I'm doing now, but if I was I would be involved in the process somehow!

I remember last year seeing some young 'hood rat along the top of the grass embankment on I-94 near Van Dyke let a spare tire roll down the steep grassy slope. His hooligan behavior was for naught... the tire stopped the moment it got to the shoulder at the bottom of the slope, and just lied down flat....