Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default ABC Primetime Live...22 Years Later

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvTvL...feature=relmfu

So much time has passed...

I remember the firestorm and controversy after this "mainstream media[[does this mean Cons discount it???) story"...

After watching it again, much of what Mayor Young stated is pretty much true, although many white folks who were trained to think whatever he said "must be bad" will think otherwise.

What say you?

They were pretty much dead on when they said the city would lose another 200,000 in 20 years. What a shame.

You could take that same story and run it today [[sans the 90's hairdos and clothing) and it would still fall in line with what is going on now.

Except we're out of money.

I have seen this on You Tube about ABC's news documentary of the Agony of Detroit. When Detroit has been stabbled in back by xenophobia, segregation, political corruption, poor city services, demarcation, collapse of the automobile industry, white middle class flight and later black middle class flight, blight, abandon buildings, arson fires and black population growth. Every news media want to doa negative report on our once "Arsenal of Democracy."

Detroit is what it is due its people their policies.

WORD FROM THE STREET PROPHET

For Neda, George Stinney, Rodney King, Guy Fawkes and the 99 percenters.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I have seen this on You Tube about ABC's news documentary of the Agony of Detroit. When Detroit has been stabbled in back by xenophobia, segregation, political corruption, poor city services, demarcation, collapse of the automobile industry, white middle class flight and later black middle class flight, blight, abandon buildings, arson fires and black population growth. Every news media want to doa negative report on our once "Arsenal of Democracy."

Detroit is what it is due its people their policies.

WORD FROM THE STREET PROPHET

For Neda, George Stinney, Rodney King, Guy Fawkes and the 99 percenters.
    And the word from the prophet is?

The sad thing about all of this is that not much has changed, and in fact, has become worse. On the plus side, Detroit does not have a mayor actively hostile to the suburbs, and there have been improvements downtown and in midtown. But the population loss and decline of the neighborhoods has been awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvTvL...feature=relmfu

After watching it again, much of what Mayor Young stated is pretty much true, although many white folks who were trained to think whatever he said "must be bad" will think otherwise.

What say you?
    I say your way out front of proposal M. This is further proof of how Detroit and the Suburbs became so polarized and CAY was more of a problem then a solution! Hows that working out for ya?

I think it's pretty telling they could a suburbanite in Warren that used the word coloreds in 1990 like he was talking about corn flakes. Pretty sure that sack of shit had kids that had to grow up with that mentality. They should have filmed that in black and white.

All in all, pretty ironic to watch that. Not surprising that another 200K+ have left since.

Quote Originally Posted by Islandman View Post
    I think it's pretty telling they could a suburbanite in Warren that used the word coloreds in 1990 like he was talking about corn flakes. Pretty sure that sack of shit had kids that had to grow up with that mentality. They should have filmed that in black and white.

All in all, pretty ironic to watch that. Not surprising that another 200K+ have left since.
    Oh you better believe it.

I went to school with a crop of them at Detroit Mercy.

That school, despite being in the heart of the city, has a sizable openly elitist and subtly racist element.

Not everyone of course, but some of the things that come out of these 19/20 year old mouths that haven't seen fuckall of the world blew my mind. I'm not THAT much older than alot of them but Goddamn.

Shit just this May if I had a pie I wouldn't thrown it at the valedictorian of my graduation.

Little bitch.

GUSHI Guest

Are there racist people in the world, yes , get over it ,move on, did whites leave detroit, yes, are blacks leaving yes, is are president black partially yes, we have come a long way.

I'm speaking about this particular interview Gushi, not about the "way of the world". I've been over it, and don't let it emboss in my daily reality.

Aren't you the one always piping how your family was racially oppressed every time it comes up?

We have come a long way. I just find it distressing that there are people out there imprinting their children with this hate.