Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default FoxComm factory in Detroit

How do you feel about FoxComm opening a Detroit factory to make apple toys? Apparently they are eying Detroit.

http://www.electronista.com/articles...pple.hardware/

Slave labor in Detroit? I don't think so!

Another TV manufacturing facility in Detroit would be great

In this economy anything is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by astongraham View Post
    How do you feel about FoxComm opening a Detroit factory to make apple toys? Apparently they are eying Detroit.

http://www.electronista.com/articles...pple.hardware/
    conn. Not you, it's FoxCONN.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    Slave labor in Detroit? I don't think so!
    They're communists -- so it'll be Union shop.

I wonder if they'll need safety nets to stop the workers from jumping off the buildings here?????

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foxconn_suicides

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    Another TV manufacturing facility in Detroit would be great
    Another?

Who are the others?

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    Another?

Who are the others?
    Google Element Electronics

Detroitej72, it isn't within city limits, but Element manufactures TVs in [[I believe) Canton.

I guess I"m out of touch, as I was thinking of companies like Zenith, RCA, and the companies of old.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    Google Element Electronics
    That is not in the city of Detroit

It is good to see that a manufacturing company is considering Detroit to set up it's operation. I think that Detroit should concentrate on being a working person's town instead of trying to be a metropolis. I would rather see a mixture of companies such as this, garment factory, agricultural, bicycle co and white collar companies as well. I just don't want Detroit to return to the one industry town such as it once was. No more companies that contaminate the air, ground and water.
    '

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    This websites mission is to link and unify Detroit and its environs. Stop being so divisive.

http://www.detroityes.com/about.php

"No more companies that contaminate the air, ground and water."

No offense, stasu1213, but read up a bit more on Foxconn and it's practices. Still I welcome them as long as they adhere to MI Environmental Standards. I had the privilege a few years back to be exposed to some Detroit high schoolers that wanted to enter a robotics contest. Outstanding talent. DPS ended shooting down the project. I think inner city youth needs more exposure to what's going on on the planet and not just in the "D".

The City of Detroit is not the whole of Detroit, get over it

It may not be in the city limits but as far as the rest of the world is concerned It is in the "D"!

http://news.consumerreports.org/elec...in-the-us.html

Shollin Guest

It's not a shop. condo or restaurant. You also don't need a degree to work there likely. Don't see how it fits here. Is the facility going to be walkable?

"You also don't need a degree to work there likely."
    A vast majority of Detroiters are high school drop outs and have no 'degrees'. I don't see how you don't see the fit. The yuppies that populate downtown and midtown is not an accurate reflection of those in the city of Detroit that are seeking employment and need employment. I understand the jokes about slave labor, but do you seriously think they are gonna have the same working conditions as China? I know how much fun it is to have that vision in our head, but lets grow up folks.