Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Building burns in Hubbard Farms / Mexicantown

Saw the smoke last night from Woodbridge, looked pretty intense.

From the CBS Detroit article:

"DETROIT [[WWJ) - A century-old building in southwest Detroit was reduced to a pile of rubble after it erupted in flames Thursday morning.

WWJ’s Ron Dewey reports fire broke just before 1 a.m. at a building in the heart of the city’s Mexican Town district, near West Vernor Highway and Hubbard Street.

Fire officials said the building was vacant at the time. A neighboring apartment building was evacuated, but no injuries were reported."

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/11/...-mexican-town/

Is this the building that has had a history of squatters setting it afire? I can recall one in that area where this has happened a few times in the past.

I came home last night around midnight and I could definitely smell it in Woodbridge.

Something was also burning at the Lodge and Davison interchange last night. It was pretty smoky, almost seemed like it was foggy out. I thought maybe this was the same fire last night, but I'm thinking I'm wrong now.

5speedz34?

How many alternators have you gone through? Used to love that 3.4, had a Lumina and a Monte.

Yes it was arson that set the building on fire. Still can't get crazy folks in the ghettohoods in Detroit.