Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Whats all the construction near Dirty Hippie Beach Bell Isle?

Theres some kind of fish hatchery being created West of the lighthouse on Belle Isle near Hipster Beach but dont know the details. Anyone know whats up? I havent been out there but know a fellow forumer has and seems to know a lil somethin.

R.J. I know you have pics, let us in on whats up.

Here's a link to the project. I've talked to workers at the project and they said that the dam will be removed and a bridge added. I'll be glad when the project
    is completed in December.

http://www.detroitriver.org/fdr-pdf/GLRI/b_i_p_r.pdf

Dirty Hippy beach or Hipster beach? pick one

The swim hole. Great year there this summer. Never seen so much nudity.

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    The swim hole. Great year there this summer. Never seen so much nudity.

Nakedness doesn't have to be dirty.

Dirty is the wrong word. I was trying to be funny but failed.

Dirty is the wrong word. I was trying to be funny but failed.
    I laughed.

Redneck: Why don't you take a bath, you dirty hippy?
    Dirty Hippy: Hey, that's a great idea. Don't mind if I do!
    Redneck: Wait! Not here in public! Argh!

LOL.

Actually the swimhole there is usually pretty damn clean. Everyone pitches in cleaning it up if it starts collecting garbage. Some days Im in the mood and Ill do a sweep, other days someone else will. Looks better than the regular beach. Would be great if we could get about five dumptrucks of sand back there to make it a little more cozy.

There are many names for the best place to swim in Detroit but my favorite is the one that the police who patrol the beach call it, "Patchouli Creek".

HA HA, yeah one of the cops told me thats what they all call it. I love it. Just hate it when they come through and give out tickets for swimming. The boat cops were especially cool this year, going after jetskis that were flying down the canal at dangerous speeds when ppl were in the water.

LOL.

Actually the swimhole there is usually pretty damn clean. Everyone pitches in cleaning it up if it starts collecting garbage. Some days Im in the mood and Ill do a sweep, other days someone else will. Looks better than the regular beach.
    The reason it looks better than the other beach is due to the lack of...... oh nevermind I will just bite my tongue on this one... hehe!