Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Thread: Prop G

Default Prop G

I have to admit, I didn't look at or know any of the County or City ballot issues prior to voting. Luckily I had about an hours wait prior to hitting the booth. I was extremely suprised when I saw Proposal G on the ballot.

Proposal G: Amendment of Section 2-106.4 of 2012 Detroit City Charter
    Shall Section 2-106.4, which currently prohibits City officials and City employees from accepting gifts, gratuities,
    honoraria, and other things of value in connection with their work for the City, be amended to provide that the
    City Council shall determine by ordinance which gifts, gratuities, honoraria, and other things of value City
    officials and City employees are prohibited from receiving in connection with their work for the City?

Seriously?

I am shocked that my neighbors elected to pass this law, especially considering all the city workers who have plead guilty to bribery over the past few years.

Yeah. First time I saw it was on the ballot. I voted NO. That it passed makes me sad for what we're stuck with...

Voting "yes" to me would have been like saying that it's cool to just take bribes or whatever.

I'm also not thrilled that the one about the county commission being able to approve the salary of appointments was shot down.

It was interesting how EVERY county proposal had something to do with limiting what the county commissioner can do... or allowing him to be removed altogether. Wonder who that was about...