Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Windsor construction questions

Does any of our Windsor neighbors know what is being built off of the River across from Joe Louis Arena. Today I saw about 2 stories of structural framing and was wondering the scale and proposed use of this new construction.

I also recall an article from about two years ago, that proposed a Riverside condo apartment complex along the river that included small islands/canals with boat slips. Is this still an ongoing project?

Lastly, can anyone update us about the status of the parkway construction from Highway 401 to the new bridge? I saw the computer [[fly-by)renderings and was wondering if it was being built as designed.

That new building along the riverfront is going to be the new aquatic centre.

The canal/marina project is still just a plan. No movement.

As for the parkway, it is progressing rapidly as planned.

Also lots of shuffling going around downtown with the Windsor Star relocating and the U of Windsor and St Clair College expanding downtown.

I would recommend following along for these and more over at the SkyscraperPage Forums. Folks regularly post pictures and updates.

Windsor Construction thread
    http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=96877

Windsor/Essex Parkway thread
    http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=188722
    Last edited by yupislyr; November-05-12 at 01:33 PM.

Thank you for your response. I assume that aquatic center is going to be ready for a major commonwealth games event. It is good to see that Windsor is planning for a better future [[if only we could get that high speed railroad tunnel built).

Did I also see that Walkerville Brewery is going to open again?