Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Biden: "Did your son always have balls the size of cue balls?"

'Did your son always have balls the size of cue balls?' Biden's bizarre question angers father of Navy SEAL who died in Benghazi attack
    Daily Mail [[UK)
    By Hugo Gye
    PUBLISHED: 10:39 EST, 26 October 2012

The father of one of the Navy SEALs who was killed in the Libya consulate attack has criticised the White House reaction to his son's death - especially a bizarre and obscene comment Joe Biden made to him.

Charles Woods, father of Tyrone Woods, said he thought Barack Obama had 'no remorse' over the attack and felt Hillary Clinton was 'not telling the truth'.

And he revealed that at the ceremony for the return of Tyrone's body, the Vice President approached his family and asked, 'Did your son always have balls the size of cue balls?'

Ha ha, that's just Joe being Joe. <spit>

Joe should have instead apologized for the testicular shortcomings of his boss and his administration in response to the security warnings that preceded the 9/11/2012 terrorist attack on the US Consulate in Benghazi as well as the requests for support during the attack that were denied somewhere in the chain of command.

You know, where is all of this "shock and dismay" about the attack in Libya coming from? Oh, that's right, the "republicans." This country has had terrorists attacks committed upon it on several occasions. Did republicans hound President Bush when it was discovered that our intelligence agencies had some evidence about the planning of the 9/11 attacks before they happened? Did republicans hound President Reagan about the marine barracks attack in Lebanon in 1983? Were republicans hounding Reagan over the USS Stark attack in Iraq in 1987?

Anytime our soldiers or diplomats and staff are sent to a foreign country, there is a risk of death by those who feel that we shouldn't be there. How is the attack on the consulate in Libya any different?

The comment by Biden, athough crude, was a compliment to the father about his son's bravery.

Seems like there's a difference of opinion between Tyrone's mother and dad on the issue of his death also:
    However, Tyrone Wood's mother Cheryl Croft Bennett praised the president, vice president and secretary of state: "Little did I know that I would find myself in a reception room being comforted, hugged and, yes, even kissed by the president of the United States. Along with the president, there was Vice-President Joe Biden, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta, and General and Mrs Colin Powell."

"They were all wonderful. They held my hand, offered condolences, gave warm hugs, and were extremely compassionate and genuinely sad for my loss, as I fought back tears and tried to project an image of strength to honor my SEAL son."
    Mom seems pretty happy with the President.
    http://www.opposingviews.com/i/polit...bama-woods-mom

Quote Originally Posted by royce View Post
    The comment by Biden, athough crude, was a compliment to the father about his son's bravery.
    Maybe if you're talking to a good friend or in an informal setting.

Coming from the Vice President it was inappropriate and bizarre. Biden himself is bizarre.

Ummm, setting aside politics and partisan loyalties therein, the 'shock and dismay' should be coming forth period! This thing is going to follow the next president into office; whatever the talking-head and figure-head repubs or dems say, dismiss, lie about or did not say before. We all better SPEAK!

You know, where is all of this "shock and dismay" about the attack in Libya coming from?
    Last edited by Zacha341; November-04-12 at 04:30 PM.

Mikeg.... save your spittle and drool for another forum... it's obvious that this heroes parents are no longer married, and we hear 2 different tales from both... but your mind is already made up... you believe whatever the Faux News tells you what to believe... I guarantee you that they won't be mentioning the heroes mothers comments no matter how "Fair and Balanced" they claim to be.

I wonder how the father knew so well exactly what the administration was feeling... did he call the Psychic Hot Line?

"Having a feeling" and "knowing the truth" are 2 different things... one of them is not an exact science... and you don't need to guess which one.

I'm no fan of this administration... but I get tired when people like you start quoting people who say "it didn't seem sincere"... since neither does your thread...

As for Biden's comments about their son's valor in graphic military terms... sounds more like some folks need "to grow a pair"....

Joe Biden must remind Democrats of FDR [[see above) with the combed back graying hair, jutting jaw, and confident smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Mikeg.... save your spittle and drool for another forum... it's obvious that this heroes parents are no longer married, and we hear 2 different tales from both... but your mind is already made up... you believe whatever the Faux News tells you what to believe... I guarantee you that they won't be mentioning the heroes mothers comments no matter how "Fair and Balanced" they claim to be.

I wonder how the father knew so well exactly what the administration was feeling... did he call the Psychic Hot Line?

"Having a feeling" and "knowing the truth" are 2 different things... one of them is not an exact science... and you don't need to guess which one.

I'm no fan of this administration... but I get tired when people like you start quoting people who say "it didn't seem sincere"... since neither does your thread...

As for Biden's comments about their son's valor in graphic military terms... sounds more like some folks need "to grow a pair"....
    I have to laugh at how some of you instinctively try to deflect attention away from the Vice President's crude and vulgar comment and focus instead on what the victim's father and mother did or did not say and then get personal with me for having the audacity to post this report from an overseas newspaper.

You'd think Biden's job was in jeopardy or something - hell, Nate Silver has his probability of re-election at 85%!

So why don't you just chill out, Gistok, and save your invective for folks who talk about Obama by saying stupid shit like this: "At least I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean."

Hah! My favorite dittie is "he [[or she) speaks so well"... I recall overhearing that said about Kwame Kilpatrick... my how that backfired!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeg View Post
    ...folks who talk about Obama by saying stupid shit like this: "At least I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean."

Indeed his comment was crude, unprofessional and highly inappropriate, IMO. Not surprising though....

Last edited by Zacha341; November-05-12 at 07:29 AM.

I have to laugh at how some of you instinctively try to deflect attention away from the Vice President's crude and vulgar comment and focus instead on what the victim's father and mother did or did not say and then get personal with me for having the audacity to post this report from an overseas newspaper.

You'd think Biden's job was in jeopardy or something - hell, Nate Silver has his probability of re-election at 85%!

So why don't you just chill out, Gistok, and save your invective for folks who talk about Obama by saying stupid shit like this: "At least I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean."

Not all of us think his remark was crude and vulgar. You clearly do because you have an ax to grind - shouldn't you be planning the revolution now that Obama was reelected?

Who cares where the comments came from... your attempt at political correctness is a smokescreen. Granted Biden says stupid things and often... no disagreeing with that. But this hero was in the military... his father was in the military... I think Biden's comments were made with military jargon... unless of course you yourself are not familiar with the relative coarseness of the military vernacular...

But please... continue to make a meal out of a morsel...