Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

View Poll Results: Do you plan on watching election coverage all night on Nov. 6?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 57.14%
  • No, I plan to watch something else

4 28.57%
  • No, I'm going out

1 7.14%
  • There's an election on Nov. 6????

1 7.14%

Default Poll - all-evening election coverage

Do you plan on watching the election results all night on Nov. 6?

The on-air commentary is pretty pointless as their experts augur meaning from exit polls. With all the early voting, combined with absentees, I could see us waiting awhile for results.

I also see Mr. Obama losing out on the plurality but taking the electoral college due to the popular vote being depressed in Hurricane Sandy effected areas. Mr. Obama could still win Maryland, Delaware, NY, NJ, etc and take those electors, but lose the overall populace vote. If a million democrats in the effected states miss their turn at the ballot box, it would not alter the overall results. Mr. Obama would still take those states, and the required 270 would be his.

however, if Philly doesn't recover in time - and it should - that could throw PA into play and we could might be faced with the nightmare scenario of having a 269 tie thereby passing the decision into the House and Senate. That could result in a double weird situation where we could get a President Romney and Vice President Biden; or even weirder yet a President Biden who then would have to pick his VP.

True, it could happen. Your evening talking heads might even tell you all about it, but I'll be watching Roller Derby cuz this stuff doesn't interest me and I don't know nothing about it.

I agree with you completely on this, Gnome. All I care about is the end result, not listening to empty banter from overpaid talking heads. Where's the derby Tuesday?

I won't be watching. I'll get up the next day and either be happily surprised or terrified. Happy Election Day everybody!

I may check in on things from time to time, but no way am I sitting in front of the tv watching those talking heads all night.

Ok, then, How many people plan on watching the Roller Derby on election night?

My bladder is set to go off for Tiger west coast results, which should work well for elections also, around 2:30 am.