Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default The Great Detroit? It was-It is-It will be documentary coming soon on Dvd

I am in the process of producing a documentary that examines the positive sides of Detroit. My film will have over 40 interviews of people who are making a difference in a variety of areas, from business, technology, arts, social services, education, medicine, recreation, religion and more. We talk about Detroit's rich history and what's presently happening. Plus its footage of the city's landscape from downtown, midtown, neighborhoods, business districts, parks and riverfront. We have found many little known facts.
    This film will make you proud.
    Name:  flyerfordoc.jpg
Views: 872
Size:  57.9 KB

Now, we have a short version of the actual film: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSCmzNOIFlg

We have a funding campaign, for we need help covering some of the the production cost: www.indiegogo.com/thegreatdetroitdoc

We have a website, www.strongdetroit.net

We have a facebook page, www.facebook.com/thegreatdetroit

We are 85% complete so hopefully we'll release the film within the next two months.

Thank you in advance,
    Strong

Upon the film's release I intend to have a huge premier hopefully at the DIA, I mean a black tie, red carpet, spot light type of an event. Plus have some of the proceeds donated to several nonprofits.

I then want to have a weekend of showings at a theater like the Renaissance Center, Royal Oak or Pallidum in Birmingham.

I intend to submit the film for screenings in local, national and even some international film festivals.

I hope it will be telecasted on PBS and on WADL

Finally, I'll have Dvd available for purchase. I have contacted many local retailers like the gift shops at the airport and they want it, convenience stores around town, museum gift shops and bookstores in the area. And, people can purchase the Dvd on my website www.strongdetroit.net

This is going to be huge.

Here's a short version of the actual film.
    In this clip there's an interview with an owner of the green technology building, owner of a downtown mens clothing store, president of Detroit's hydroplane boat races, founder of a youth singing group and executive director of Eastern Market.

This is a listing of the interviews shot for the documentary, with about 13 remain.

A Igor Gozman, Puppet theater and museum, Detroit is the founding of puppet theater,
    B Jacob Yousif Downtown supermarket owner, Happy to operate in Detroit
    C Vince Passalaegua Mario’s restaurant owner, Family business operating years
    D Tony Stoval, Hot Sam’s Men’s clothing owner, Over 100 years old, still in downtown Detroit
    E Brenda Jones Midtown Coffee shop owner, Newly opened, Midtown is the best
    F Mike Bernacchi, Professor of Marketing, What is the makeup of Detroit
    G Brian Pastoria, Harmony Park Media Group, Wanted to be apart of Detroit entertainment scene
    H Paul Wasserman, Henry the Hatter, Operating over 100 years,
    I Toni McIlwain, Raverdale Community, Social service, Detroiters are supportive of each other
    J Jerry Smith, Capukin Kitchen, Detroit’s have supported them financially and otherwise
    K Peggy Brennan, Green Garage, One of its kind center to promote efforts in green technology
    L Daniel Scarsella, Motor City Brewers, I won’t have any other place than Detroit
    M Richard Freitaj, Loves living in midtown for convenience to entertainment venues
    N Janet Jones, Source Bookstore, Detroiters have a thirst for knowledge
    O Sylvia Scott A life long Detroiter
    P Rick Sperling, Mosaic Youth Theater, Talented youth have performed internationally
    Q Roy Arnett, Developer, Detroit has a ton of residential development possibilities
    R William Rands, Chairman of Hydroplane Racing Association, history of the race and how big is event
    S Bob Cosgrove, Resident historian of Indian Village, type of homes in the village
    T Bill Lyons, Past Commodre of Detroit Yacht Club, history and uniqueness of club
    U Lori Feret, Friends of Belle Isle, history of island and what’s on the island
    V Tom Schoenith, Rooster tail, Detroit entertainment night life
    W Daniel Carmody, Eastern Market, Biggest urban market in the country
    X Richard Rubens, Ford Piquette Museum, Birthplace on automobile and American industry

Here's my commercial highlighting my efforts with the Strong Detroit campaign and The Great Detroit? documentary

I was honored by Channel 7's Detroit 20 20 as Detroiter of the Week for my efforts with my documentary "The Great Detroit?" Here's the link to the interview:
    [FONT='Comic Sans MS', sans-serif]http://detroit2020.com/2012/10/05/ou...t-at-its-best/[/FONT]

I was also interviewed by Huffington Post Detroit edition for The Great Detroit, here's the link

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1833916.html

Last edited by Strong; October-31-12 at 09:41 AM.

I have a facebook page, you are invited to Like to stay informed on our progress: http://www.facebook.com/thegreatdetroit

Name:  emanuel stewart.jpg
Views: 709
Size:  7.2 KB
    It is regretful that Emanuel Stewart passed. I met him on several occasions for we lived in the same neighborhood and I frequented his bar 1940 Chop House back in the day.
    I was scheduled to interview him for the documentary the week after his passing. I hope to shoot footage of the original Kronk building, include his photograph because he was very much apart of Detroit.

We have shoot footage of many parts of Detroit, one such area is Southwest Detroit, near Dix and Vernor and Mexican Village. In my estimation, this area really showcase the Mexican culture.
    Name:  mexican village.jpg
Views: 744
Size:  9.3 KB

This is the entire unedited interview we shot with Rick Sperling of Mosaic Youth Group

This is the entire unedited interview we shot with Dan Camody, executive director of Eastern Market.

This is the entire unedited interview we shot with William Rands, chairman of the Detroit Hydroplane Boat Race

As a way to show the public what I have seen when making this documentary, I hosted a series of gatherings in parks around the city. I actually had 5 gatherings, Clark Park, Grand Circus Park, Palmer Park, Eastern Market, and Milliken State Park
    Here's a video of the Grand Circus Park gathering:

In our interview with a past President of the Detroit Yacht Club, we found out that the land that the club sits on is a man made island.
    Name:  images.jpg
Views: 733
Size:  12.7 KB

In our interview with the founder of the Puppet Art Museum, we found out that Detroit played a huge role in the emergence of the puppet theater in the US and had a major collection of puppets at the Detroit Institute of Arts.
    Name:  images-1.jpg
Views: 680
Size:  5.6 KB

We will include footage of the Detroit Thanksgiving Day Parade. I suspect that ours is second only to NY's in terms of attendance, floats, etc.
    Name:  images-1.jpg
Views: 657
Size:  11.6 KB

Hello,

Maybe you know someone who would like to have their name listed on a film as a supporter, where their name will be seen locally, nationally, and even internationally. This is what being a patron supporter of The Great Detroit will do. For I intend to have The Great Detroit is film festivals, telecast on PBS, theater showings, and Dvds sold worldwide.

For more information, go to our funding campaign at www.indiegogo.com/thegreatdetroitdoc or www.strongdetroit.net

Thank you,

Anthony Brogdon
    Producer

We interviewed Paul Wasserman, owner of Henry the Hatter a store that has been in business for over 100 years. He talked about his joy with customers when they talk about how they have supported the store over the generations.
    Name:  henry the hatter.jpg
Views: 629
Size:  8.9 KB

The film is a little of everything.
    Guaranteed to make you proud.
    Name:  happy people.jpg
Views: 641
Size:  8.9 KB

"The Great Detroit?" documentary is 100% positive which is the biggest difference between it and "Lemonade Detroit", "Detropia" and "Burn" Plus, it will take a wide view about what's happening in Detroit.
    Last edited by Strong; November-07-12 at 11:07 AM.

We interviewed Brother Jerry Smith of Capukin Kitchen. How when we were talking about the time to schedule the interview, I said that I didn't want to do it when they were feeding clients. I don't want to show that image. So he concentrated his comments on how Detroiters have stepped up with their donations and volunteer time to help them feed so many.

No negativity at all.

I hope to release the Dvd in May just prior to Memorial Day Weekend and have them in stores soon thereafter with a June premier. Completing this project will be one of my proudest moments.