Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Opportunity Made in Detroit - World Series Ad

Did anyone else notice that cool "Opportunity Made in Detroit" commercial last night during the World Series?

I liked it and thought it really captures the spirit of what's been happening lately in Detroit with many businesses making commitments to the city.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/-...i/-/index.html

The ad was pretty good. It will be interesting to see how many people from different parts of the country it drives to the website. It's not easy to get people to pay attention and take action especially when, I believe, it only ran once. I would have liked to see Dan Gilbert, in a business suit, beside Kid Rock, in jeans, standing together for the last 5 seconds, telling people something like "To jumpstart your career or new business venture go to opportunity Detroit.com now."

It's over! Giants win. They are taking the trophy to Frisco Bay! and share it with the Hippies, Yuppies, Homosexuals and Asians. It's always next year.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    The ad was pretty good. It will be interesting to see how many people from different parts of the country it drives to the website. It's not easy to get people to pay attention and take action especially when, I believe, it only ran once. I would have liked to see Dan Gilbert, in a business suit, beside Kid Rock, in jeans, standing together for the last 5 seconds, telling people something like "To jumpstart your career or new business venture go to opportunity Detroit.com now."
    Dan could start off that segment with offering Bob a lease in one of his buildings so that Bob could actually be a Detroit businessman.
    Last edited by bailey; October-29-12 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    It's over! Giants win. They are taking the trophy to Frisco Bay! and share it with the Hippies, Yuppies, Homosexuals and Asians. It's always next year.
    NOBODY EVER says Frisco

That was pretty cool. After the commercial, I typed in the webpage and the bottom left quadrant shows "Detroit jobs - careerbuilder dot com". I click on it and BAMN: 6,467 job listings in the area. First listing, project engineer 70K-90K. Third listing is an HR Manager at 80K-100K. And so on. And here I thought the area was going to hell with only McJobs and more people added to the welfare rolls from a recession.

appreciate the true-grit sentiment in the ad. However, the oily sheen of Em's "this is what we do" for Chrysler makes this Quicken sponsored ad unoriginal [[maybe even tired) Weaksauce. Needsmoresalt.