Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Text Display Question

Is it just me, or does everyone have all text underlined? I've just noticed it over the last few days, but everything is underlined.

It's just you. Honest.

I underlined this sentence.

What does it look like to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    It's just you. Honest.

I underlined this sentence.

What does it look like to you?
    Wow, I just logged back on and they're gone. Curious.

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    Wow, I just logged back on and they're gone. Curious.
    Cool. One of those cybergremlins. I hate those things.

Every so often I find a computer that won't shut down properly. If it won't respond to Ctrl-Alt-Delete or holding the power button for 10 seconds, the only way to shut it down is to cut the power as a last resort. [[That's a really bad idea but what else can you do?) If it's a laptop you have to remove the battery too. Sometimes you have to unscrew the battery.

This recently bit my laptop. It was recurring at every shutdown.

Some research showed that the sole purpose of the UPHClean service is to solve hive problems that can cause this shutdown problem. Someone else claimed that UPHClean had caused his problem. I stopped the UPHClean service [[and did nothing else) and shutdown worked. After powerup UPHClean had automatically started [[as it should) but the shutdown problem had completely vanished.

Exasperating. UPHClean is a Microsoft product BTW.
    Last edited by Jimaz; October-29-12 at 02:02 PM.

All DY text was underscored for a few days for me, too. It's fine now.

We are forced to make ongoing changes to vBulletin software behind DetroitYES such as version upgrades and security patches. Pile on top of that the growing number of browsers and operating systems, particularly on the rapidly emerging mobile device and pad scene. They in turn are continually offering upgrades and patches.

This chaos makes quirks like the one on this thread increase. Increasingly people also keep their computers, programs and logins running for days at time. Because of this multiplicity of factors, we can rarely replicate the errors.

So it is impossible to maintain a uniform experience for every user on every device, operating system and device.

In the case of this forum's software, 98% of problems can be solved by logging out, restarting the browser and logging again. Clearing your browser's cache and cookies helps too - good for your personal privacy too.