Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Post Election civil unrest?

By now I'm sure most of you have heard the stories and rumors of how there will be riots in cities like Detroit if President Obama isnt re-elected.
    How does everybody feel about the possibility of this happening?
    Frankly, I find this kind of talk worriesome.

I doubt it.

Besides, even if people were to riot, what is there to burn down in most of the neighborhoods?

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    I doubt it.

Besides, even if people were to riot, what is there to burn down in most of the neighborhoods?

Riots don't start by rumor, so we're probably fine.

Enhanced Enforcement
    starts by rumor, and gets fueled by innuendo. Accepted by the populace through their acquiecsence under fear, which is also caused by rumor. Solidified by the occasional False Flag disaster, and the occasional real one. [[magnified by repitition via the media, when they cannot have a new False Flag, they'll remind you of the last successful one!)

So, since the chief beneficiary is those who provide the Enhanced Enforcement, I'd suspect them as the source of the rumor first. Follow the money, right?!
    Last edited by Gannon; October-29-12 at 09:21 AM.

Never forget that they began installing the containment cameras at nearly every major intersection many, many years ago.

You should worry far more about Bubba and the Timothy McVeighs in the boondocks rioting / insurrecting if Obama gets reelected. They have the guns, bombs and paranoia.

And numbers of their "thought leaders" like Nugent have implied such violence

This is basically semi-racist thoughts being spewed on the far-right blogosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by lowell View Post
    you should worry far more about bubba and the timothy mcveighs in the boondocks rioting / insurrecting if obama gets reelected. They have the guns, bombs and paranoia.
    this!!!!^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Rochelle St. View Post
    By now I'm sure most of you have heard the stories and rumors of how there will be riots in cities like Detroit if President Obama isnt re-elected.
    I find the fact that you believe there's a chance of this happening worrisome. You are seriously perusing the wrong media outlets.

Quote Originally Posted by Islandman View Post
    I find the fact that you believe there's a chance of this happening worrisome. You are seriously perusing the wrong media outlets.
    It was something I picked up on Facebook, I dont read conspiracy websites except for shits and giggles once in a while, nor am I racist.

I don't think its going to happen. Actually I think its more right wing paranoia. A pandering to the base to get them out to vote. That base would like for nothing more than to see something like that happen. In a strange sort of way it validates everything they feel.

Yes it will in some parts. If it was a sudden election recount [[ Let's say Michigan, Florida or California very powerful liberal states) and some republican white person won by a recount. That's when a riot begins.

Look what happen to the voting system in Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Yes it will in some parts. If it was a sudden election recount [[ Let's say Michigan, Florida or California very powerful liberal states) and some republican white person won by a recount. That's when a riot begins.

Look what happen to the voting system in Florida.
    Great point ! The cases of REAL voter fraud may cause some civil unrest.

It was something I picked up on Facebook
    Oh, that's how I missed it. I'm not on there.

Obama would quench it immediately. He's magnanimous that way.

The larger issue is longer term and global. The 1% have been trying to provoke civil unrest for a long time now. They won't stop until they succeed. It has already started in Europe.

Nope.First I'm hearing of it.

I find FB is rife with rumors like that. Things land on my newsfeed that are just trying to invoke fear and loathing, so I hide them. Ignoring trolls is the best way to treat them whether on Facebook or in a forum.

And the few stores closed, no services at all [[aside from Marshall law), and a long wait for the FEMA truck and other federal relief services from the great 'mean-ones' in the white house. Just great!

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    I doubt it.

As an independent politically speaking for the most part, I find the talk tiresome and USELESS to solve anything or impact the supposed targeted 'party' [[pun intended). Mass protest here in Detroit would IMO speak more to a self-loathing and surrender - by such a response, the very politic of negative expectation, emboldened and made worse.

Rioting should Romney win the nomination in Detroit would be very USELESS!!!!

Last edited by Zacha341; October-29-12 at 09:00 PM.

Another reason I don't do FB... which would be a moot point of inspiration should the lights go out post riot!

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Oh, that's how I missed it. I'm not on there.

The supposed threat validates 'both' parties: the right and the left wing!

Yet is useless to both - long term.

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    I don't think its going to happen. Actually I think its more right wing paranoia. A pandering to the base to get them out to vote. That base would like for nothing more than to see something like that happen. In a strange sort of way it validates everything they feel.
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-29-12 at 08:24 PM.

I don't think it's likely, but it's not totally out of the question. I believe if Obama had lost the previous election under similar circumstances as Gore did in 2000 riots would have most definitely been a concern. This time around I don't feel the same tension, and unless there's another vote count fiasco the risk of a violent backlash from either side is pretty low.

Not necessarily race related but some people have had visits and conversations from the FBI for saying less.

"We're coming down to the 11th hour. We're facing a violent storm," "It's nothing compared to the storm we'll face if you don't make the right decision in this election." - Bill Clinton 10/28/12

Clinton might have been suggesting economic devastation, riots, or some combination of implied things.

Last edited by oladub; October-29-12 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Not necessarily race related but some people have had visits and conversations from the FBI for saying less.

"We're coming down to the 11th hour. We're facing a violent storm," "It's nothing compared to the storm we'll face if you don't make the right decision in this election." - Bill Clinton 10/28/12

Clinton might have been suggesting economic devastation, riots, or some combination of implied things.

I don't know of course whats inside his mind, but based on what he has been saying on the campaign trail I would think something along the lines of economic devastation. Theres no way I could rationally come up with riots or civil unrest based on what I have heard from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Another reason I don't do FB...

You know, Facebook feeds are directly related to the people you're friends with on Facebook. If you "don't do FB" because you're afraid you'll have idiots on your feed, the problem is more about with whom you associate.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast