Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default English Only Supporters Hold "Conferenece" to promote monoculturalism.

On Saturday, Pat Buchanan hosted a conference to discuss how Republicans can regain a majority in America. During one discussion, panelists suggested supporting English-only initiatives as a prime way of attracting "working class white Democrats." The discussion ridiculed Judge Sotomayor for the fact that she studied children’s classics to improve her grammar while attending college. The panelists also suggested that, without English as the official language, President Obama would force Americans to speak Spanish.

One salient feature of the event was the banner hanging over the English-only advocates. The word conference was spelled “Conferenece.” View it here:

http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.co...nominee-8.html

ccbatson Guest

Trivial next to the real threats out of Washington

what by the extremists in the republican party,...that is far more dangerous than Obama's efforts to fix the mess he inherited...

Lorax Guest

Amazing- they're still dragging out the gallery of crypt-keepers like Pat Buchanan- and I'm sure his hatchet-faced sister, Bay Buchanan was there to catch the last gurgles, and comment on the red, swollen tongue!

Did they hand out white hoods at that Rethugnican "conference?"

cheddar bob Guest

I saw this last night. Pretty funny. It seems like those who scream the loudest about English only, have the weakest grasp of it. Morans.

Scamping. We are talking Pat Buchanan after all.

Attachment 2135

lmbao @ these idiots.....

SPELL CHECK ON AISLE 3!

Quote Originally Posted by barnesfoto View Post
    On Saturday, Pat Buchanan hosted a conference to discuss how Republicans can regain a majority in America. During one discussion, panelists suggested supporting English-only initiatives as a prime way of attracting "working class white Democrats." The discussion ridiculed Judge Sotomayor for the fact that she studied children’s classics to improve her grammar while attending college. The panelists also suggested that, without English as the official language, President Obama would force Americans to speak Spanish.

One salient feature of the event was the banner hanging over the English-only advocates. The word conference was spelled “Conferenece.” View it here:

http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.co...nominee-8.html
    That's why you don't let illegals make your banners.

cheddar bob Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Det_ard View Post
    That's why you don't let illegals make your banners.
    Illegals made the banner?

Pretty soon not knowing Spanish in the United States will be like not knowing French in Canada.

As a Colbert Conservative and Social Darwinist, I think Ben Franklin had it right...this country started going to hell when Germans started coming over in large numbers.

Why should Pennsylvania, founded by the English, become a Colony of Aliens, who will shortly be so numerous as to Germanize us instead of our Anglifying them, and will never adopt our Language or Customs, any more than they can acquire our Complexion.” Benjamin Franklin 1751 complaining about German immigration primarily into the colony of Pennsylvania.

"Okay, we'll take the niggers and the chinks--but none of them Irish!" ~ Blazing Saddles

By 1790, the federal government had already adopted an immigration law that limited becoming a naturalized citizen to free whites. But even that wasn’t enough of a limitation for some great Americans.

“The question is now placed…before the whole American people, whether it is or is not expedient that the naturalization laws be so altered as to put a stop to evils under which our democratic institutions are suffering, and to guard against dangers with which they are threatened from the influx of the vicious, ignorant foreign population; dangers enhanced by the combinations of these foreigners throughout the country.” Samuel F. B. Morse, creator of a single wire telegraph system, and Morse Code, 1836

Maybe Mr. Morse and the early Mr. Franklin had something in common.

Quote Originally Posted by cheddar bob View Post
    Illegals made the banner?
    They do all the low level shit work, where've you been?

Attachment 2147
    Ineffective Protesting
    Last edited by Jimaz; November-05-09 at 07:32 PM.

That damn traitor George Washington must have been against monoculture. Here’s his statement on the issue in 1783. “The bosom of America is open to receive not only the opulent and respectable stranger, but the oppressed and persecuted of all nations and religions.”

ccbatson Guest

Gibran...the "inherited" argument is long dead...to all but the brain dead.

cheddar bob Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Gibran...the "inherited" argument is long dead...to all but the brain dead.

truth, in this case that Obama inherited a worse mess than anyone since FDR, and that it was a mess of Republican/market fundie making, never dies. it is the brain dead who wish it would

gee..if I am breathing on my own, and thinking of how the economy was sinking at this point last year, dam It's a miracle "I'M ALIVE" geesh and I thought Obama was just human and not the Messiah...

I guess if those who hold onto the world was Literally created in seven working days...then it must seem reasonable that Obama created this economic mess in five months...

cc as a physcian it must be difficult when a diagnosis of brain dead is proven wrong

Lorax Guest

That would be asking the brain dead to diagnose what brain dead means.

Rather like saying Bush was a "compassionate conservative" which is an oxymoron. He was really just a moron.

ccbatson Guest

Rb...I am in the middle of a book about the disasters wrought by the New Deal [["New Deal or Raw Deal") lots of parallels, and very eye opening. You should read it.

Lorax Guest

I'm sure it's just another boring, lengthy screed, probably by some fascist Reich wing master of disaster.

Sounds like a real yawner.

ccbatson Guest

Apparently you [[Lorax) will never know, will you? Ignorance is bliss for liberals I suppose.

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Apparently you [[Lorax) will never know, will you? Ignorance is bliss for liberals I suppose.

When it comes to time management, I can think of a whole lot more interesting screeds to read than one that seeks to discredit a proven success in American domestic policy.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast