Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Sincere Gratitude For Unexpected DetroitYES! Angel Status

I dare not neglect thanking whoever arranged for me to acquire DetroitYES! Angel status. I firmly believe that DetroitYES! is a worthy investment in Detroit itself. If my benefactor wishes to remain anonymous, that's fine with me. Thank you!

I don't mind ads on websites but some of them had been causing my IE "back" button menu to become flooded with ads to the point where I could no longer use it for navigation. I was able to successfully block those advertisers myself. I'm certain this problem wasn't caused by DetroitYES! but rather by strategies of overambitious and careless advertisers.

It's happened on other websites. One gaming website sprouted ads that occluded the entire game window to the point where it undermined the very reason for patronage thus undermining the purpose of the advertising itself!

Neglecting software testing is not a good business strategy.

Thank you!
    Last edited by Jimaz; October-25-12 at 10:00 PM.

Since you mention it Jimaz, I just happened to notice today that I had no ads and the site was thanking me for my support. Now I get it. If this isn't some wierd mistake, THANK YOU to whoever donated in my name to DetroitYes. I will promptly donate to the site in return for your thoughtfulness.

This is the only site I visit on a regular basis, even from the smart phone, and I have learned so much from the other people who haunt here. Thanks everyone, Thanks Lowell and friends.

Happy day.

Hmmm... that's not supposed to be happening. No disrespect to you two as you worthy and good participants, but ads and or donations are essential to covering the operational costs that allow us to keep this site running. If this is happening to you it must be with others too.

Oh well, back to the drawing board.

LOL! I'm seeing ads now.

Glad I brought it up though. I understand that without revenue we'd all go poof!

^^Oh well, I'll still give you some money. Should have known better.

But don't anybody else ask me for some! Especially if you are running for office...