Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Lafayette Coney Menu Change?

Heard from a friend that Lafayette Coney Island has switched their hot dogs, chili, and fries. He heard they got in a dispute with their distributer, about keeping exclusive distributing rights, and made a switch. He went there last night, and said nothing tastes the same, that the chili is more like a National Coney now. Might have to stop in for lunch tomorrow and see for myself. ​Can anyone either confirm or deny this?

I think they make their own chili

My understanding was that they switched from Dearborn Sausage Company to Koegels about a year or so ago. I've just had 2 dozen natural casing viennas and "Detroit Style" chili shipped down here from Koegel's in time for tomorrow nights Series opener!!

I think most of the coneys around town use National Chili Co. chili and doctor it to their own specs.
    I think Lafayette switched from Winter's hot dogs to Dearborn about a year ago. From what I understand, you can still purchase the Winter's dogs at the Winter's store and at one place at Comerica as a coney dog. I think they are called G2's or H2's.
    Edit: Actually the Winter's L-901
    http://sausagexpress.com/hot-dogs/wi...coney-wieners/
    Last edited by jcole; October-23-12 at 01:31 PM.