Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Searching for Relatives of Lance Cpl J T Smith

This profile is published by a veteran attempting to locate the parents, brothers, sisters, relatives or anyone with knowledge about how we can contact the family of J T Smith to obtain a military headstone for his grave site.

Lance Corporal J T Smith was killed in Quang Ngai, South Vietnam, the results of hostile small arms fire while serving with the United States Marine Corps. Unable to recover from a severe gun shot wound to the stomach on November 22, 1966 he later died on December 9, 1966 at Clark Air Force Base in the Philippines.

Information we have received states that J T Smith was born September 4, 1946. A 1964 graduate of Northeastern High School in Detroit. His religion was listed as Roman Catholic. After graduation he worked at the Chrysler Mound Road Engine Plant until he entered the Marine Corps in April 1966. It is assumed that he lived within the East side school district of Northeastern High School. However his last home of record was on Omaha Street, between West Outer Drive and Schaefer Hwy. in the Southwest area of Detroit, MI

Lance Corporal J T Smith is buried at Lincoln Memorial Park Cemetery in Clinton Township, Michigan

Your assistance will be greatly appreciated for our fallen Veteran. Please contact Heritage Research at heritage@kupcomedia.com 586-909-4700 or Patrick Daniels, Vietnam Veterans of America, Chapter 154 at 586-246-0876.

Thank You

I've heard a number of times in here members having city directories from the past [[phone books ?) or know of where to look for addresses from the past . Smith is a pretty common name , but maybe not as common on that particular street at that particular time . The National Vietnam Veterans '' Wall That Heals'' is probably being set up as I write this at Ford Motors World HQ in Dearborn for a few days stay for which I will announce my brothers name as one of the Michigan casualties of the war , and would really like to see a happy ending for this soldier to have a headstone vs a piece of cement with a number on it . Thank you for any help someone could give .

Wingnatic..i am sorry for your loss

wish i could help out in this search but i am ill equiped to do so.