Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Another company tied to Dan Gilbert moving to Detroit, bringing 115 workers

"Another Dan Gilbert-related company is relocating from the suburbs to downtown Detroit.

Rock Connections, a strategic marketing company that launched in May 2012 with 13 team members in Southfield, announced today that it is moving into the Gilbert-owned Chase Tower building, a 14-story high rise at 611 Woodward near Campus Martius Park, bringing about 115 employees.

Over the last 26 months, more than 60 companies have moved to or started in one of the nine buildings Rock Ventures owns in downtown Detroit.
    http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...=2012121017062

The city currently own Lafayette Towers. They are looking for someone to purchase the buildings from the city. The city should consider selling the buildings to Dan Gilbert if he want to buy them. His employees could live close by.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    The city currently own Lafayette Towers. They are looking for someone to purchase the buildings from the city. The city should consider selling the buildings to Dan Gilbert if he want to buy them. His employees could live close by.
    Gilbert's probably just waiting for the price to drop. Then he'll probably get them for pennies on the dollar. I mean, who else would purchase them? Illitch maybe?

Gilbert would immediately have work done on towers. Illitch would probably sit on them for so many years before restoring them.

all i hope is that if gilbert buys them he keeps his wife away from the interiors. give mies some respect!

"Gilbert would immediately have work done on towers. Illitch would probably sit on them for so many years before restoring them."

What if Matty Maroon bought them?

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    He would let them rot away.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    "Gilbert would immediately have work done on towers. Illitch would probably sit on them for so many years before restoring them."

Careful what you wish for. Moroun has a connection to the Towers. About 10 years ago, I was introduced to him and we had a nice conversation. [[He was quite personable, but that hasn't changed my opinion of him.) I was living in Lafayette Park at the time. He told me about his dad's trucking company, which started it all, had been on Larned as I recall. He also said when he was younger he had an apartment in the Towers.
    Last edited by downtownguy; October-24-12 at 12:40 PM.