Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default RIP Russell Means

Civil Rights activist, author, actor, musician. I was fortunate to have a series of conversations with Mr. Means during the late 1990s up until I moved back here. They were always interesting.

...and Ron Paul supporter!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuVa7_zz_Y0 [[3.5min.)

Statement from his family:

"October 22, 2012
    Hello our relatives. Our dad and husband, now walks among our ancestors. He began his journey to the spirit world at 4:44 am, with the Morning Star, at his home and ranch in Porcupine. There will be four opportunities for the people to honor his life to be announced at a later date. Thank you for your prayers and continued support. We love you. As our dad and husband would always say, “May the Great Mystery continue to guide and protect the paths of you and your loved ones.”
    The wife and children of Russell Means
    444 Crazy Horse Drive
    Pahin Sinte, Republic of Lakotah"

http://www.russellmeansfreedom.com/2012/statement-from-russells-family/

and Ralph Nader supporter as well.

Thanks for the link

I never realized he was Chingachgook in The Last of the Mohicans.

I put some info on Paging Gazhekwe also. He was into just about anything. While he was acting, he also was the voice of Powhatan in the Pocahontas movies, and many other roles including some work in his final year. During a 2002 interview, he was asked if his acting career signified Hollywood was getting better, since he had been working there.

He responded, "Hollywood hasn't changed. It is the most racist, anti-Indian institution in the world."