Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Running through the city

I volunteered this past Sunday for the Free Press Marathon. Man I had a great time, especially since the weather was great.

I enjoyed talking with people, Detroiters and non-Detroiters.
    It looked like everybody enjoyed themselves.

The race track was clean. The police was smiling. The vagrants even dressed up.

Then in the end, the parking lots where they had vendors and live music and the giveaways was full of people hugging and taking pictures.

I'm on this healthy kick now, trying to eat right and so on. So maybe I'll try the 5K portion next year. I want to get one of those medals.
    Name:  images.jpg
Views: 744
Size:  11.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Strong View Post
    I volunteered this past Sunday for the Free Press Marathon. Man I had a great time, especially since the weather was great.

I enjoyed talking with people, Detroiters and non-Detroiters.
    It looked like everybody enjoyed themselves.

The race track was clean. The police was smiling. The vagrants even dressed up.

Then in the end, the parking lots where they had vendors and live music and the giveaways was full of people hugging and taking pictures.

I'm on this healthy kick now, trying to eat right and so on. So maybe I'll try the 5K portion next year. I want to get one of those medals.
    Name:  images.jpg
Views: 744
Size:  11.2 KB
    I thoroughly enjoy the Corktown-Riverwalk-Dequindre-Lafayette running loop. I'll see you on the harrier path!

Where's Gannon? Did you run this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Where's Gannon? Did you run this year?
    Nah, the Freep run hasn't seen me since they were invaded by Homeland Insecurity non-sense. After ten years or more...

I miss it, but get my fix in June up in Duluth.

The people are nice here, but you can nearly get diabetes from the ones who live near Lake Superior.

Cheers!

Healthy dose of humerousness in your post Gannon.

I ran it. It was my first full marathon. I am slow as molasses, which provided me the luxury of spending a few moments with the Polka & Beer Aid Station in Indian Village. It was all downhill, figuratively, after that.

Ran the half for the first time, loved it.

I ran in the relay and LOVED IT