Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default The Detroit Swag

I think that Detroiters have a certain swag. I know that I have it and I know others who do. As I have traveled the country, and I ask people to guess my hometown, and I give them a hint of the Midwest, 70% of the people have guessed it right.

Now many people say that they can tell a Detroiter, some say that Detroiters wear loud colors or just plain sharp dressers, some say that we carry ourselves with a certain air of aggressiveness, some say that we act smart whatever that means, and some say that we have a sort of "I ain't going to take no stuff" attitude. And, now I am known to say, hey you better watch out, I'm from Detroit, even though I wouldn't hurt a fly.
    I remember the time I was in NYC meeting with some guys from the Bronx and one person said "Watch your wallet, he's from Detroit", well I just took his girl instead. I couldn't believe it, the Bronx, I was never more afraid than when I was in the Bronx.

Well, I think Detroiters get a great education, not just because we got the famous Cass Tech, my old spot, Renaissance or any other DPS, or UofD jurist, or grade school like Waldor, [[trying to be inclusive) or college like WSU or the quietly famous CCS. Detroiters get well prepared when we take advantage of the resources here.

Plus, sense Detroit is not a city that attracts a lot of people most of us are homegrown, so we don't have to be fake and then take that fakeness to other cities.
    We are real and we really just have swag.
    Name:  swag.jpg
Views: 4397
Size:  22.0 KB

I'd have to agree with you, I remember when I went to boot camp back in the early eighties, I would always get an interesting reply or comment from whom ever I had just told that I was born and raised in Detroit....it always made me feel good about being from the "D"

Ask any Detroiter about the Detroit swag and they'll be able to explain it in one sentence.

Strong did you graduate from Cass Tech?

I really don't see how that's possible, just based on his writing skills. I know some on here have given me grief about critiquing his grammar, but something ain't right.

Detroit Swig?

Quote Originally Posted by Islandman View Post
    I really don't see how that's possible, just based on his writing skills. I know some on here have given me grief about critiquing his grammar, but something ain't right.
    He said that he went to Cass Tech I was just wondering if he graduated.

I did class of 79 and then graduated from Oakland University, BS Accounting.
    Now I'm a movie producer and screen writer.
    After I release The Great Detroit? which I hope will be soon, I intend to produce my first feature length movie "Foot Soldiers".
    Your name which I promise will be spelled correctly can be listed among the credits of The Great Detroit, interested? Go to wwwhttp://www.strongdetroit.net