Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Jim Leyland for Mayor!

People around here must have short memories, they seem to forget what the Detroit Tigers were like from 1988 to 2006- baseball was dead in this city, the team was comatose. Mike Illich brought in Dave D, they brought in Leyland and they turned the franchise around totally. Leyland did the job, as far as I'm concerned make him manager for life.

Look, I am as happy as everyone else that the Tigers won the ALCS but remember that was the expectation coming into the season. There is a reason people were upset with Leyland this season and wanted him to go. What Leyland has done during the playoffs is simple.. he rode the horses that got him there. He stopped with all the crazy lineup changes he was doing during the season. He got lucky with Valverde and didn't lose that game which might have turned the series around. He finally came around and shut him down.
    So while I'm happy, my criticisms of Leyland's overall performance during the season still stands