Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I like that the DSO has Tiger fever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWEKzACIPBI

The name of the stadium should be Tiger Stadium not Comerica Park

Should be an interesting day downtown on Sunday. World series game 4 at 8 pm, Lions game at Ford Field at 1 pm.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    The name of the stadium should be Tiger Stadium not Comerica Park
    No one's stopping anyone from having it changed. You just need to write a big check back to Comerica to buy the naming rights back.

Go Tigers!!!!

Name:  tigers.jpg
Views: 1228
Size:  29.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    By legal scalpers you don't even need to be referring to Stubhub. MLB [[of which the Tigers ownership is part) is charging so much more than they used to for post-season tickets it's crazy. I paid about 50 bucks for World Series tickets in 1984. Current tickets are 230-350. Inflation has not been 15% each year for the past 30 years.
    according to USinflationcalculator.com, a $50 ticket in 1984, should only cost $111.36... the prices their asking is too much for me to spend...

Quote Originally Posted by Ltdave View Post
    according to USinflationcalculator.com, a $50 ticket in 1984, should only cost $111.36... the prices their asking is too much for me to spend...
    True, but demand is also higher due to a much, much larger secondary market [[read: the internetz). StubHub, while incredibly convenient, has artificially increased the buyers' market to an astronomical level.

Default Tigers in Six

On a lighter note, I got the Tigers in 6 games.
    I'll be at the parade, shooting some video for my youtube channel, you guessed it Strong Detroit.

I'll buy a World Series t-shirt and baseball hat.

Our pitching and hitting is just too strong.

Bless you boys!
    Name:  images.jpg
Views: 1229
Size:  10.2 KB

Well..... they are down 0-2, have to win 4 straight, and tough chore.

Personally , I was amazed they got this far.. Two months ago I wouldnt have given you a dime they would ever make post season..They have been terribly inconsistent during the season and blew so many chances I couldnt count,, they did well in the playoffs vs a so so Oakland Team and ofcourse the helpless Yanks so what could we expect. Everybody is on "choke Verlander", yet two days ago everybody was saying the he is the best pitcher in the majors,, the truth is somewhere in between, No matter what happens I am glad and amazed we got to the world series. So, best be glad for that,, The headlines built the Tigers up wayy to much,, Everytime that happens to A Detroit team it crashes,, so Im not surprised, They have to stop believing these headlines and stay a bit hungry. You would think they would have learned that lesson by now

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Well..... they are down 0-2, have to win 4 straight, and tough chore.
    Don't have to win four straight just four before SF does.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpeteer View Post
    Don't have to win four straight just four before SF does.
    SF is halfway there, Detroit needs to win all 3 at Comerica this weekend to have a shot. If they lose 1 more game, you can stick a fork in them.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; October-26-12 at 12:53 PM.

It's a best of seven series. Detroit can still lose one more and win the series.

a friend of mine emailed me a Dan Gilbert communique to the Gilbertonians about all the stuff going on downtown this weekend..a large portion of which Quicken is sponsoring...but I thought this part might be of interest here. [[didnt seem to merit its own thread):

OK…Hopefully, you have made it down here to read about the grand finally. Pay very close attention to the TV on Sunday evening during game 3 of the World Series. At some point during the game, you will see a very creative, cool, gritty, and goose-bump generating national 60-second commercial that you will find is connected to our great city, our company and our mission.

Think along the lines of a Superbowl commercial from nearly two years ago that may come to mind.

Think even cooler than that.

Then think of a monumental moment that will formally launch our mission of the ‘opportunity’ that Detroit is and means to all of us. Can’t wait for you to see it.

If you happen to miss it, we will be sending out an all universe email immediately after the spot runs that will direct you to a link to watch the spot as well as several elements of a social media campaign that will also be launched right after this ground-breaking commercial runs nationally on Fox.

Well, that sums it up for now folks. It’s going to be a great few days in the motor city. These are great times.

Enjoy them and above all, be safe…..

Dan G.
    Per my friend, they wrote and shot the spot in 3 days and broke or ignored all sorts of entertainment union rules to get it done this fast and that is supposedly going to cause the "star" [[i wont spoil who it is) and Gilbert some problems.

[[I also think its funny that Gilbert clearly doesn't spell check)
    Last edited by bailey; October-26-12 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post

[[I also think its funny that Gilbert clearly doesn't spell check)
    Doesn't he have people for that? And couldn't he find someone to proof read before he touts something happening in game 3 on Sunday night? So, when is this earth changing commercial running? Saturday during game 3, or Sunday, during game 4?

Quote Originally Posted by downtownguy View Post
    It's a best of seven series. Detroit can still lose one more and win the series.
    Possible, but not probable.

Ouch! Kind of how I feel after watching the last two games.

I'm rooting for the Tigers, and I feel bad how things have turned out so far. Similar to what happened in 2006.

I would have preferred a 2006 rematch myself, obviously. So I have a few reasons to root against the Giants.

Of course, nothing is over until it actually is. I thought we [[Cardinals) were headed to the World Series after Game 5 of the NLCS. It didn't turn out that way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2