Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Prince Fielder buys home in Grosse Pointe Farms?

Rumor has it he has purchased a home on Provencal Road, about 1 mile from his boyhood home on Kenwood Road.

Quote Originally Posted by GPCharles View Post
    Rumor has it he has purchased a home on Provencal Road, about 1 mile from his boyhood home on Kenwood Road.
    According to my sources there is nothing pending for a public sale on Provencal. Although that does not preclude a private sale.

I don't know about now, but when Cecil was on the Tigers, they lived in GPF right past the Hill off of Kercheval [[I forget the street name, but I remember their house had a pretty big fire 1995/96ish)

Quote Originally Posted by Alley View Post
    I don't know about now, but when Cecil was on the Tigers, they lived in GPF right past the Hill off of Kercheval [[I forget the street name, but I remember their house had a pretty big fire 1995/96ish)
    and....from the original post:

Prince mentioned recently he is "building" a new home.....

With a 214 million dollar contract, he can pretty much live anywhere he wants

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    With a 214 million dollar contract, he can pretty much live anywhere he wants
    With that kind of money, he could afford a loft in Midtown!

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    With that kind of money, he could afford a loft in Midtown!
    With that kind of money he could make Midtown his loft!

Prince Fielder is alright in my book

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    With that kind of money he could make Midtown his loft!
    With that kind of money, he could afford full coverage insurance on a vehicle in 48201!

Good for him, I guess Prince has good memories of growing up in GPF. The old man really put Prince, his sister and mom in a bad way when they moved to Florida, and if it wasn't for the fact that Prince became a superstar in his own right there might not have been a happy ending for that family.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    and....from the original post:
    well thanks, so much, for pointing that out!

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    Good for him, I guess Prince has good memories of growing up in GPF. The old man really put Prince, his sister and mom in a bad way when they moved to Florida, and if it wasn't for the fact that Prince became a superstar in his own right there might not have been a happy ending for that family.

Yeah I hear Big Cecil gambled it all away, then badgered Prince for more $$ when he signed with the Brewers. No wonder they aren't on good terms.

What was his address on Kenwood road?
    I'm betting it was one of those mansions between Kercheval, and GP Boulevard.
    Am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by Rochelle St. View Post
    What was his address on Kenwood road?
    I'm betting it was one of those mansions between Kercheval, and GP Boulevard.
    Am I right?
    It was a couple houses off the corner of Kercheval. I'm pretty sure Ken Meade, the dealership owner bought it when it caught fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    It was a couple houses off the corner of Kercheval. I'm pretty sure Ken Meade, the dealership owner bought it when it caught fire.
    109 Kenwood Road built in 1929 designed by George Mason. Meade did not purchase the home. The current owners bought it after the fire and have restored it to Mason's original specs.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Wow, beautiful home! Great curb appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    Wow, beautiful home! Great curb appeal.
    Its amazing what kind of curb appeal a couple of million will buy ya these days!

Wonder why Al Kaline didn't live there first.

Oh wait.....he didn't make 100k until he was 35 yrs old. It's gotta be hard for a few of those guys not to harbor a little resentment.

It's a pity they didnt have vinyl cladding in the twenties though. Anyways, he'll have to make himself happy with old stones.

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    Prince mentioned recently he is "building" a new home.....
    There is a vacant lot on Provencal road. It's where a house used to stand that was owned by one of the Fords and was torn down about 5 years ago I think.

The empty lot can bee see by the street name.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ba...ed=0CGMQ_BIwBA

Quote Originally Posted by jerrytimes View Post
    There is a vacant lot on Provencal road. It's where a house used to stand that was owned by one of the Fords and was torn down about 5 years ago I think.
    Actually there were two homes, and she [[E. Ford) is not the brightest bulb in the array. She managed to raze 2 very significant homes. 242 Provencal built 1934 designed by Charles Platt and 248 Provencal built in 1925 designed by Robert O. Derrick. Her uncle also razed another Charles Platt designed home on Lakeshore.
    Attached Images Attached Images        

One of my sources says this may be a home he is looking at.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...6_M34301-26877

Quote Originally Posted by p69rrh51 View Post
    One of my sources says this may be a home he is looking at.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...6_M34301-26877
    Built in 1979, relatively new compared to the others.