Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default The Secret Life of Mormonism

Here's how the story goes from Book of Mormon:

It's was revealed by the their prophet Joseph Smith that a demi-god named [[Elohim) was born on the unknown planet ruled the race of human like angels. While growing up Elohim was taught in spirtual early Mormon religion while he was born into an incarnate human form in another planet [[not Earth). Elohim became the Mormon version of the one true god and took many wives and beget many children [[soon to be his elect angels.) They were living on a new planet orbiting a sun-like star called Kolob [[This is Mormon version of the Heaven).

Elohim gathers his angels and 'Consul of Gods' for a meeting to create Earth where the gods can incarnate into a human form and live peacefully. Two of Elohim eldest sons Jesus and Lucifer were present in the meeting. Jesus wanted mankind to make a decision for themselves before accepting Elohim's Will. Lucifer wanted mankind to worship Elohim completely without free will [[Basically Lucifer's plot is get mankind to worship him.) The Consul of Gods accepted Jesus offer and appointed him "Lord of Hosts".

Lucifer was angry that he convinced 33% of his angels to join him and rebel against Elohim, Jesus and his angels. After the quick war in Kolob [[Heaven) Lucifer became the Satan, the Devil and his angels his demons was cast out to rule the pit. However possesing the keys to the abyss, Satan and his demons can move freely through the Earth in any form from a sepent to the Nephilim. In the meantime in Kolob [[Heaven) those who fought valiantly with Elohim became children of light. Those who fought neutral became Children of Dark [[That is the Mormon interpretation of black people.) Elohim made them elect angels. Elohim in the meantime start to create Earth and all living beings and sent two demi-gods named Adam and Eve to Garden of Eden and live, explore and take change of living beings. Until Satan came in a form of serpent and trick them by accepting the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil thus became sinners and their offsprings.

Over 5,000 years later Elohim came down to Earth and visited a human woman named Mary and they mated. He told Mary that you will conceive a son and called him Jesus, a savior that will atone for the sins of the world. He will also prevent mankind from going to the abyss anf join Satan and his demons.

When Jesus grew up he took upon three wives, Mary, Martha and Mary Magdelene and beget many children. After Jesus was cruxified and resurrected, he went to paradise and pick up the faithful under the old testament Laws of Moses, drop the infidels to Hell and went there to get the keys. Now Satan and his demons can't move freely along the Earth and snatch people. [[The Mormon Jesus) went to North America and preach to the Native Americans. The Mormon Jesus said that the Native Americans were the lost 13th tribe if Israel. There he will build his second church for them.

In the meantime there was a possible Pre-Norseman or Pre-Brittanian-Germanic Tribe called the Nephites settled in the northeast area in North America and being bullies to Native Americans. An indian tribe called Laeminities [[Sons of Israel) declared war and won in A.D. 421. The last Nephite solider named Moroni took the golden book of their culture and buried it in the ground on Korona Hill [[somewhere in Northeast North America).

Later Joeseph Smith found the golden book from his home in upstate New York. and started the region of Mormonism.
    Last edited by Danny; October-17-12 at 12:56 PM.

Any thoughts?

Thus, we have the 'anyone' but Romney factor for some ---- !

If this golden book of Moroni is hidden the Mormon Temple in Salt Lake City, Utah. And its interpretation is true then possibly God, Jesus and his angles could be an alien race that reach spiritual enlightment and possess abilities to create and resurrect life with their highly advance technology and balance space, time and morality. They could be the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Any thoughts?
    Careful Danny, If you turn Mormon, odds are that you will become Republican. Look what happened to this poor lady.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/589629...ayor_mia_love/

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Any thoughts?
    Mormonism is every bit as goofy as every other religion, whether you believe in a Holy Jewish Zombie, the writings of a 5th-rate sci-fi author, the ramblings of a sociopathic warlord or any of the other absurdities calling themselves "religions."

Mormon sucker punch?
    Someone's hanging bait out

Mormonism is just as ridiculous as any other organized cult[[religion). Any President should do everyone a favor and keep their religion or beliefs to themselves. When these men publicly endorse any particular set of fairy-tales it really turns me off.

Not a Romney voter but does that include keeping ones secular visions of a religion free nirvana private as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Brains View Post
    Mormonism is just as ridiculous as any other organized cult[[religion). Any President should do everyone a favor and keep their religion or beliefs to themselves. When these men publicly endorse any particular set of fairy-tales it really turns me off.

I've always been suspicious of the Angel Moroni privately giving lessons to J. Smith, and coming back to privately issue updates that were advantageous to Smith or whoever was the leader at the time. We had that happen here in Michigan to the Mormon Colony on Beaver Island under King Strang, and what do you know, the same thing happened in Colorado City under under Warren Jeffs. For some strange reason, the Angel Moroni told all of these men to take control of all the women in their community, exercising conjugal rights with whoever they wanted, and controlling which women could marry which men.

Well, we can see how that is working out in Mitt's mind, with the idea that businesses can hire women but will have to be flexible with them, like letting them get home in time to cook dinner for their families; giving government control over women's bodies, but not to regulate business, and there you go. Watch out, if he gets to be President, the Angel Moroni will come and tell him what he can do.

Of course, as many will figure out, I am suspicious of colonial religious doctrines anyway. Most were directed toward eliminating competition for land from people who already lived there.
    Last edited by gazhekwe; October-21-12 at 09:11 AM.

Interesting points Gazhekwe. With all of that understood Romney would be problematic with this specific 'baggage' withstanding those who debate how much his suitcase may contain visibly - or in secret compartments therein. The repubs know this but hey he's their man, so they must back him. It's gonna be close as I stated before.

The siting POTUS can't assume a cake walk back in. It can be argued that president Obama will have to present a very strong defense [[beyond him simply walking into the room - ala the 'hope and change' glow of '08) on his handling of foreign affairs and his administrations policies therein. We'll see how that goes in tomorrows debate...
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-21-12 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Not a Romney voter but does that include keeping ones secular visions of a religion free nirvana private as well?
    Yes.

Although someone who says "I don't believe any of that garbage" sounds better than someone who says they do. Overall, I'd rather they not bring it up at all.

Well, Salt Lake City is probably the cleanest, most attractive city, I've ever seen in the United States. I wonder what they'd do for Detroit if they wanted to?

I highly doubt the average Salt Lake City Mormon knows anything about or cares the least bit about what goes on in this city. I'm sure if presented the circumstances they'd agree help is needed, but I'd doubt they would go out of their way to do anything about it. I could be wrong, but it's just a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Brains View Post
    I'd be inclined to agree somewhat, however I firmly believe there are degrees of crazy. Your average United Methodist churchlady [[harmless, not crazy) is not the same as the Taliban [[harmful, super crazy). A Bosnian Muslim is not the same as a Branch Davidian. And Mormonism is quite easily one of those sects that I distrust the most. All religions - and all societies and organizations, for that matter - have their eccentricities and their shameful pasts. Mormonism just hits it out the park with, oh: having to be forced by the government to give up polgyamy, doctrinal racism, ultra-conservativism, ultra-abstentionism, exclusivity and secretiveness, posthumus baptism of everyone from Hitler to the Jews he ordered to their deaths, magic underwear, becoming a deity after death, you name it. Just about everything that stinks to me.

It kinda is somewhat out there, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    Mormonism just hits it out the park with, oh: having to be forced by the government to give up polgyamy, doctrinal racism, ultra-conservativism, ultra-abstentionism, exclusivity and secretiveness, posthumus baptism of everyone from Hitler to the Jews he ordered to their deaths, magic underwear, becoming a deity after death, you name it. Just about everything that stinks to me.
    Let's not forget the Meadow Mountain Massacre, and all the debacles surrounding Mark Hoffman and why Mormons were so glad to get a hold of his manuscripts. Not to mention Joseph Smith may've tried to shoot his way past an angry mob [[he was a charlatan/diviner-a lot of the LDS is based on Masonic templates), and if it's a matter of the very schism-mindedness the letters of St. Paul [[not to mention visions, like in Col. ch. 2-there are many level-headed Christians who deem that "when the perfect"/that is to say "better ways" of doing things came, translators replaced xenolalic tongue-speakers-thus, cessationism to a certain degree, and there were no more new prophecies to be expected pertaining to anything objective to the church. Personal prophecy as it may affect a believers personal life as God communicates?-hard to say, that's a different story.) condemn just look at the list of Mormon sects on Wikipedia. Whew! Also, their attraction to genealogies [[something that St. Paul denounces) rivals that of the Eugenics movement in America.
    From a broader standpoint, before I was becoming Christian, I developed ideologies that still remain foundations: Never trust someone who doesn't believe in right or wrong, never trust someone who can't admit when they're wrong, and never trust someone who believes truth is a compromiseable thing are just three of them [[and you can add "don't trust bathrooms" to the list). In the latter case, Mormons adopt a stance no truth-loving Christian would go for [[we are called to be honest in all things before all men-as best as we can at it-for the truth will set us free), and that is their hideous "end justifies the means" attitude of lying for "the Greater Good". Truth becomes a very central aspect of Christianity. I know this is so difficult for all the trendy religion-bashers who think Christians are deluded fools chasing a myth about the "Golden Rule", an easily accessible, non-esoterically-gnosis-acquired faith in things beyond this world [[and I'm not talking the Von Daniken Crudola Danny suggests-do yourself a favor and read Vallee's "Messengers of Deception"-it's one of the few books of it's kind written by an authority and one who predicted Heaven's Gate 17 years before it went down.), or some celibate, humble Jewish carpenter who lived and died [[as was recorded by the secular/Jewish historian Josephus) and was resurrected [[not some outer space, avatar, gay, one-world one-faith-Hiram-taught-Castille-soap-purity-soul Masonic, mass mushroom hallucination with a twin brother who "swooned" on the cross and married the whorish daughter of a rich, leprous Pharisee who moved to France to further some stupid genealogical French-German bloodline so Dan Brown could write a book with an askew title sitting next to the Left Behind series) to fulfill a justification that our pitifully hypocritical lives can never achieve on our own. That aspect about truth being tampered should be a big red flag for many.
    Also on par, is the Mormon belief about the "words of a new prophet supersede that of a old one". Jesus never sought to change the words of any prophet. Yet, this aspect gives the Mormons the foothold to switcheroo up and shellgame anything they want to their convenience [[like getting rid of that attitude towards Blacks they had up until the '50s-one that also changed for the Masons at the same time-hmmm?).
    I give every movement 200 years to clean up their act. Planned Parenthood's clock started after Sanger died. For the K.K.K. it hasn't even started, and until certain policies change with the Mormons I'm going to have to feel the same way.
    To their credit, though, they are good at charity.
    Last edited by G-DDT; January-24-15 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    Mormon sucker punch?
    Someone's hanging bait out
    Speaking of "Mormons", "secret lives" and "sucker punch", does anybody besides the Washington DC media types really believe that this Mormon had an "accident" with his exercise equipment?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeg View Post
    Speaking of "Mormons", "secret lives" and "sucker punch", does anybody besides the Washington DC media types really believe that this Mormon had an "accident" with his exercise equipment?
    There's been some talk of that here in Nevada. But we'll never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    There's been some talk of that here in Nevada. But we'll never know.
    Back on Jan. 6th, John Hinderaker asked the question on the Powerline blog, "OK, So What Really Happened to Harry Reid?".

Ever since then, it has been "crickets" from the national news media.

Yesterday, Hinderaker followed up with "What Really Happened to Harry Reid? Part 2".

Given the news media's curious lack of curiosity, I think you're right, we'll never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeg View Post
    ... Ever since then, it has been "crickets" from the national news media....
    But were they Mormon crickets?

Is there such a thing as a Mormon neighborhood in the Detroit area? Where is their house/are their houses of worship around here?

Their area churches are called "stakes". One of my genealogy surprises was to learn that ggg grandma Elizabeth Downing turned Mormon, and was, in fact, living in Nauvoo, IL, when Joseph Smith and his brother met their ends. She had six children. Four continued being Mormon, two did not, including, fortunately for me, gg grandpa John B. Downing. Anyway, turned out that the two girls who continued the 'faith' removed to Utah, and are both buried in St. George, not much further than 100 miles from me. Yep, visited and photographed both gravesites. Absolutely amazed me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Their area churches are called "stakes". One of my genealogy surprises was to learn that ggg grandma Elizabeth Downing turned Mormon, and was, in fact, living in Nauvoo, IL, when Joseph Smith and his brother met their ends. She had six children. Four continued being Mormon, two did not, including, fortunately for me, gg grandpa John B. Downing. Anyway, turned out that the two girls who continued the 'faith' removed to Utah, and are both buried in St. George, not much further than 100 miles from me. Yep, visited and photographed both gravesites. Absolutely amazed me.

If you had been a Mormon, you would probably have been on top of that gravesite sooner, Ray. lol...
    Their Ancestry website is pretty cool. I've found a lot of information on there.

Right you are, Canuck. Visiting one of their Family History Libraries turns up tons of information also, and there is always staff there to assist you. No, they don't try to convert you; at least not there. Also been to the main libraries in SLC. Beautiful city.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast