Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Virgil goode - a true conservative

I recommend that all conservatives vote for virgil goode for president. A true non-mormon conservative and not the flip flop moderate.

Quote Originally Posted by HistoryNotHisStory View Post
    I recommend that all conservatives vote for virgil goode for president. A true non-mormon conservative and not the flip flop moderate.
    From the Daily Paul:
    Is Virgil Goode the answer for the liberty movement in this election? Virgil Goode has a voting record that shows some very unlibertarian positions:

1. Voted YES on making the PATRIOT Act permanent. [[Dec 2005)
    2. Voted YES on allowing electronic surveillance without a warrant. [[Sep 2006)
    3. Voted YES on authorizing military force in Iraq. [[Oct 2002)
    4. Voted YES on emergency $78B for war in Iraq & Afghanistan. [[Apr 2003)
    5. Voted YES on declaring Iraq part of War on Terror with no exit date. [[Jun 2006)
    6. Voted NO on redeploying US troops out of Iraq starting in 90 days. [[May 2007)
    7. Voted NO on reforming the UN by restricting US funding. [[Jun 2005)
    8. Voted YES on Constitutional Amendment banning same-sex marriage. [[Sep 2004)
    9. Voted NO on ending preferential treatment by race in college admissions. [[May 1998)
    10. Voted YES on prohibiting needle exchange & medical marijuana in DC. [[Oct 1999)
    11. Voted YES on subjecting federal employees to random drug tests. [[Sep 1998)
    12. Voted NO on vouchers for private & parochial schools. [[Nov 1997)
    13. He cosponsored H.R. 4777 - the Internet Gambling Prohibition Act. [[2006)

Source and Documentation:
    http://www.issues2000.org/VA/Virgil_Goode.htm

Based on that synopsis, Mr. Good sounds too much like Romney or even Obama. A lot of Ron Paul supporters will instead be voting for Gary Johnson the Libertarian candidate although some will be voting for Romney, Obama, and Good in probably about that order.

My turn:
    I recommend that all liberals vote for Jill Stein for President. A true non-corporatist liberal and not the flip flop moderate.

Camille Paglia explains why she will be voting for Jill Stein:
    "So, the first reason I’m voting Green is the state of endless war. Second is the appalling rise in the military and domestic use of drones. I bought Medea Benjamin’s protest book about drones, and I agree with her. There is reason for great concern about the use of drones for police surveillance in the United States. This Democratic administration has gone very deep into the weeds here in offering incentives to local police departments to acquire drones, which are a serious threat to our civil liberties and right to privacy — which liberals should be defending. We’re on our way toward a Big Brother society.
    My third reason for going Green is the creeping totalitarianism of Obamacare,..."

beginning with the question
    OK: Who are you going to vote for?
    about 5/8 the way down this long article.
    http://www.salon.com/2012/10/10/cami...tering_images/

I noticed he's on the ballot. Ron Paul not this time...

Quote Originally Posted by HistoryNotHisStory View Post