Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Metro Detroiters love Detroit sport

This year the Tigers surpassed 3 million attendance, the Lions sellout every game, the Pistons have reasonably good attendance, and the Red Wings entire season is a sellout. Even the Detroit derby girls, rollerskating is well attended or at least they continue having it, 100,000 attend our hydroplane boat race, and thousands attend our Belle Isle race.

I remember hearing that one of the largest WWE muscle matches was held here.

I need help on this, but one year the Tigers and Red Wings both won or were in the championship game?

We talk about Detroit sports in our documentary "The Great Detroit?, for more info. go to www.strongdetroit.net

Detroityes has a 'sports' section specifically for the sports enthusiast in us all.......umm, 'e-hem.
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-15-12 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong View Post
    I need help on this, but one year the Tigers and Red Wings both won or were in the championship game?
    1935 was Detroit's Championship Year!!! Check out this website on the subject:
    http://detroitcityofchamps.com/introduction.html

I don't think the wings and tigers were in the championship game in my lifetime. The tigers won the '45 WS, the wings lost the cup to toronto that year. I think that is the closest