Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default UAW, Moroun Backscratching in Secret

http://www.freep.com/article/2012101...text|FRONTPAGE

Well, there's one thing you can say about Moroun: he doesn't know the meaning of the word "quit".

UAW jumps the broom with Moron? That's rather disgusting

It is past time for the UAW to vote out their leadership. This in unconscionable.

I already suspect that Moron is assembling his troops to force the Teamsters to delay the delivery of goods to the new bridge site on both sides of the border.

He will fight this by any means necessary. It is time to fight fire with fire.

Boycott everything Moroun...let's search out the sources of his income and suffocate him economically. Then whittle away at his wealth by fining him for the embarrassment of the Train Station and other holdings which only serve to maintain the state of decay in our city.

Is there any proof that this is actually happening? The article offers none accept "according to a senior auto executive and several local political leaders". Obviously someone in the hierarchy of the auto companies has reason to bash the UAW and depending on their political leaning and alliances there are plenty of "local political leaders" who would love to see the UAW discredited as well. Unless I see some actual proof I'm going to assume this is just an underhanded attempt by those in opposition to Proposal 2 and to the UAW to tie the overwhelmingly foul stench of Matty Moroun to organized labor.
    Last edited by Johnnny5; October-12-12 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    Is there any proof that this is actually happening? The article offers none accept "according to a senior auto executive and several local political leaders".
    Obviously someone in the hierarchy of the auto companies has reason to bash the UAW and depending on their political leaning and alliances there are plenty of "local political leaders" who would love to see the UAW discredited. Unless I see some actual proof I'm going to assume this is just another underhanded attempt by those in opposition to Proposal 2 and the UAW to tie the overwhelmingly foul stench of Matty Moroun to organized labor and Proposal 2.
    I think I will follow your lead on this, Johnny5. Sounds like this is a good time to wait for more information before condemning anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by mikefmich View Post
    UAW jumps the broom with Moron? That's rather disgusting
    Is Centra a union workplace? If not why would they take Mouron's money?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    Is there any proof that this is actually happening? The article offers none accept "according to a senior auto executive and several local political leaders". Obviously someone in the hierarchy of the auto companies has reason to bash the UAW and depending on their political leaning and alliances there are plenty of "local political leaders" who would love to see the UAW discredited as well. Unless I see some actual proof I'm going to assume this is just an underhanded attempt by those in opposition to Proposal 2 and to the UAW to tie the overwhelmingly foul stench of Matty Moroun to organized labor.
    I should have added a question mark to the end of the thread title, admittedly. I, too, am reserving judgment -- and I was just about to add "well, it wouldn't have been published in the Free Press if it was unsubstantiated"...but then I started laughing hysterically at myself.

Quote Originally Posted by michimoby View Post
    I was just about to add "well, it wouldn't have been published in the Free Press if it was unsubstantiated"...but then I started laughing hysterically at myself.
    That was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by gameguy56 View Post
    Union or not, they shouldn't be taking his $$. As an answer....desperation to stay alive? They've already forgotten many central tenets put forth by the wise ol' man, Mr. Reuther.

centra is non-union

Whatever "truth" there may be to this, Bob King and his lieutenants should know better than to entertain any kind of formal alliance with the DIBC/Moroun's operations. This goes beyond naked gladhanding.. Unfortunately, because of Snyder's push for it, and urban-minority reflexive antagonism [[frequently justified) at anything with a Republican at the helm, a lot of city Detroiters are buying the hype that Moroun's ads have been selling in the past several months. And there has really been no public counter-argument, even from the Detroit Chamber. At least Rashida Tlaib isn't bought off by this. I support getting this 2nd bridge done, with a Community Benefits Agreement in writing, for employment and fair compensation for any relocations [[including for renters!)..
    Last edited by Hypestyles; October-12-12 at 12:55 PM.

I hate unions, especially the UAW, but this simply can't be true. This is completely incompatible with everything that the UAW stands for.

Quote Originally Posted by 48091 View Post
    I hate unions, especially the UAW, but this simply can't be true. This is completely incompatible with everything that the UAW stands for.
    You mean like justice, equality, and the dignity of work?

Quote Originally Posted by Melocoton View Post
    You mean like justice, equality, and the dignity of work?
    UAW stands for increased labor and labor costs. The bridge project will bring lots of jobs to the area. Also, the UAW traditionally rejects the interests of the wealthy few in favor of the interests of its many members.

While I'm against the UAW, I'm for the bridge. The bridge makes sense.

Building another Ambassador span and putting even more congestion into the crossing does not make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by 48091 View Post
    UAW stands for increased labor and labor costs. The bridge project will bring lots of jobs to the area. Also, the UAW traditionally rejects the interests of the wealthy few in favor of the interests of its many members.

While I'm against the UAW, I'm for the bridge. The bridge makes sense.

Building another Ambassador span and putting even more congestion into the crossing does not make sense.
    If you think lower labor costs for UAW folks would result in lower priced vehicles, well by jove I have a bridge to sell you.

I don't want to hijack this, but start a thread on the subject, if I'm not feeling lazy I'll educate you a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by gameguy56 View Post
    Companies more interested in money than their customers.

Unions more interested in money than their members.

Two sides of same coin. Union Management is an oxymoroun.

Quote Originally Posted by mikefmich View Post
    If you think lower labor costs for UAW folks would result in lower priced vehicles, well by jove I have a bridge to sell you.

I don't want to hijack this, but start a thread on the subject, if I'm not feeling lazy I'll educate you a little bit.

Detroit is a prime examle of what can happen when a Union gets so powerful that greed comes before quality.

We'll see how they respond when tasked to deliver the goods to the construction sites on both sides of the river...

this is nutty. [[almost) only in Detroit. I hope prop. 6 fails, badly. With the not-completely-unfounded negative feelings that many/most in urban detroit have with Snyder [[and reflexive opposition to GOP personalities), it's like pulling teeth trying to convince folks that Moroun & his DIBC, ultimately is behind this "plea for democracy"-- if they know/care who moroun is at all.. He's the local version of the K0ch Bros.