Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Thread: Tour of Fairvew

Default Tour of Fairvew

A little info for the Fairview fanatics on here. Sorry about the scans they were on 2 different pages.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Your topic got me all excited I thought I was going to see Fairview Ave. where my old high school, Southeastern, is...

From the Grosse Pointe Historical Society website calendar of events, so a bit easier to read...

History of Fairview Bus tours

THE VILLAGE OF FAIRVIEW HISTORICAL SOCIETY PRESENTS A TRIPS & TOUR 2012 EVENT -

"MEN, HORSES, AND MACHINES" -- A Journey Through Automotive and Horse-racing History

Back by popular demand, The Village of Fairview Historical Society is proud to present an expanded two-hour historical bus tour on Saturday, October 27, 2012, Learn how the influence of politics, religion, horse-racing, and money combined to change Detroit's horse culture into the present-day automobile era.

This unique bus tour will feature the Village of Fairview [[originally founded in 1903) and take you through a panoramic journey stretching from Alter Road to Water Works Park highlighting the original horse- racing and automotive alley of the early 1900's. See the original sites of the Detroit Jockey Club and Detroit Driving Club tracks where Henry Ford made history. Visit an ancient Indian burial ground, - site of the Sox and Fox Indian Massacre, and see homes of Belgian, Arts & Crafts, and River-Rock architectural influence located near Harbor Island, Enjoy a scenic tour through nationally acclaimed, historic Indian Village highlighting the prominent auto-baron homes from the turn of the century.

This two-hour tour also includes a rare thirty-minute tour of Lawrence Fisher's private mansion and will finish with an enjoyable wine and cheese afterglow and tour of the historical Grosse Pointe Wine Shop building located all within the Village of Fairview.

Three bus-tours options are available on Saturday, October 27; the coach will be departing from the Ewald Branch of the Grosse Pointe Library at 9am, 12 noon, and 3pm.

Registration is $20 and seating is limited to 25 registrants per tour. Don't delay. Seats fill up fast.

If you have specific questions about the tour itinerary, please contact Moira Mahoney, Director of Development with The Village of Fairview Historical Society, at 586-777-3506, or contact President Nick Sinacori at 313 821-6649 or nicsina2@msn.com.

Source:
    http://www.gphistorical.org/mini-calendar.html

Quote Originally Posted by MidTownMs View Post
    Your topic got me all excited I thought I was going to see Fairview Ave. where my old high school, Southeastern, is...
    Mine, too.