Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Thread: New Deli

Default New Deli

Steves Detroit Deli has opened at 212 E. Grand River. He's serving corned beef and pastrami along with other deli sandwiches. It's a small hole in the wall place so it's carryout only. Lets give a new business in the D a try.

Is this the same Steve of Steve's Soul Food?

Quote Originally Posted by trotwood View Post
    Is this the same Steve of Steve's Soul Food?
    Speaking of Steve's Soul Food, whatever happened to that place? I haven't been in a few years, but it's looking pretty closed these days.

Quote Originally Posted by antongast View Post
    Speaking of Steve's Soul Food, whatever happened to that place? I haven't been in a few years, but it's looking pretty closed these days.
    Didn't he open another location downtown or somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by antongast View Post
    I don't know. It's been years since I've been there too. I didn't know the restaurant on Grand River had closed.

No, it's not Steve from Steves Soul Food

Quote Originally Posted by tarkus View Post
    No, it's not Steve from Steves Soul Food

^^^^^^^^^^^^^Thanks

I want to open a combination restaurant called the New Delhi Deli. That way the press release can read New New Delhi Deli.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    I want to open a combination restaurant called the New Delhi Deli. That way the press release can read New New Delhi Deli.
    I love it. Every time I read the thread title I think "What's India got to do with anything?"

Just walked over and got a sandwich from Steve's. It was pretty good. Towne Club pop also served there.

Steve's Soul Food is located on Franklin Street near downtown