Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Godbee's Gal Pals

This guy really knows how to pick them. The first one posts a picture of herself with a semiautomatic pistol in her mouth. I suppose that was to demonstrate to the world how upset she was with the ex-chief's choice of a traveling companion to California. The second female states in a televised interview that she kept a used condom as a souvenir of her relationship with the ex-chief. I would guess she was thinking about nailing him to the cross if and when the time was right. Very rarely have I heard of women in a position of authority with less self respect than these two. They don't seem to care about how they are perceived by the general public or their co-workers. I have a job, and the last thing I want to happen is for the people I work with to think I'm loony tunes. That doesn't seem to bother these particular women.

What about the one that was with him in Cali? What promotion was she up for? Who paid the bill for her trip?

They pulled that story in a jiffy...

^^^^Unbelieveable, I just watched it! She must have lawyered up. Scott Lewis, WXYZ did a story on how many times she's been under investigation for pulling a gun on someone, being insubordinate with superior officers in the DPD...about 4 times she's been diciplined...and still keeps her job.

www.wxyz.com
    scroll down to News from your Community
    click on City of Detroit
    top stories trending now
    Former Detroit Police Chief's girlfriend has a history of being a hothead.

I don't know why the link won't take you there but the story is still on wxyz website, Scott Lewis.

We'll see if the link works from me.

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/local_n...ng-a-hot-head-

Yeah, ummm that link be dead!

Quote Originally Posted by cla1945 View Post

Whoops. I am not going there! She is not the type to mess with!

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post

I went to a benefit baseball game for cystic fibrosis at Liberty Park on Mound over the summer Media vs Law Enforcement . Godbee had a very good looking petite gal that came with him and sat at our picnic table . This could be the gal he went to Cali with , she didn't look the cop type either ... so it could have been girlfriend # 3 ,4,5, .........

Detroit [[ WXYZ) - Action News Investigators uncover new information about the girlfriend who played a big role in the demise of ex-police chief Warren Evans.

She has a history of temper tantrums that have gotten her in trouble with her own department and landed her in criminal court three times.

Action News Investigator Scott Lewis broke the story of Lt. Monique Patterson’s role in the chief’s downfall. Lewis has new details about Patterson’s past.

Lt. Patterson was appointed to a high-profile position while she was dating the chief and that caused some morale problems in the department. But the Investigators have learned that Patterson’s demeanor has also caused a lot of conflict in the department and gotten her into some serious trouble.

Current and former colleagues paint a picture of Patterson as a bit of a loose cannon who can be rude, angry and abusive.

“In 29 years moving up in the police department have you ever encountered another police office with this bad of an attitude?” Lewis asks retired Detroit Deputy Chief Powers Leo Powers about Lt. Monique Patterson.

"Not against a commanding officer, no," says Powers.

Patterson’s disciplinary rap sheet seems to support what Powers is saying. Action News has learned the department disciplined the lieutenant four times for incidents involving angry outbursts. Three incidents resulted in criminal charges, and two of those involved Lt. Patterson pulling a gun.

The pattern began in the mid 90’s and includes an incident as recent as 2008. It all started in a parking lot at Henry Ford Community College back in 1994.

According to police records, Patterson pulled in to the parking lot in her personal car. She got into it with another driver who took a parking spot she thought should have been hers. Patterson rolled her passenger window down and threatened the other driver.

According to the police report , this is the exchange between Patterson and the other driver:

Patterson: “Expletive, like that will get you killed.”
    Other driver: “What are you talking about?”
    Patterson: “You know.”
    Other driver: “Explain yourself.”
    Patterson: “You should have moved up and not parked in that space. You better leave if you know what’s good for you.”

Then, according to the police report, Patterson picked up her gun, held it up at dashboard level and pointed it toward the windshield, but not directly at the other driver. Patterson pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of careless use of a firearm. She was sentenced to probation.

Fast forward three years to 1997. Patterson lands in court again, this time in Detroit on an assault and battery charge, accused of throwing a glass object at a neighbor. The court file is incomplete, but it says the case was dismissed after Patterson complied with conditions set down by the judge. Police records indicate Patterson took anger management classes and the department suspended her for 10 days.

Just two years later in 2000, Patterson was hit with criminal charges again. This time accused of pulling a gun on two men at a bar in Detroit. A judge found her not guilty but she was guilty of department violations and served a 45-day suspension.

In 2004, another temper flare, and Patterson gets in hot water with the department again. This time with an underling who didn’t obey her order to turn off his lights and siren and slow down on the way to a scene. According to police records, Patterson ripped the officer’s badge off his shirt. She gets a written reprimand.

The last blemish on Patterson’s record came just two-and-a-half years ago over an incident outside Cobo during the 2008 Auto Show.

Patterson was off duty sitting in an unmarked city car apparently waiting to pick someone up. A sergeant working traffic detail asked her to move. She refused. They exchanged words and things got heated. The incident landed in the lap of then deputy chief Leo Powers. He brought Lt. Patterson into his office to get her side of the story.

“She was belligerent. She was rude and there were several times I had to tell her, ‘Hey look you’re bordering on insubordination,’” recalls Powers. “And based on her sheer demeanor alone, I said that’s it because she continued and I said I’m bringing in Internal Affairs. Internal Affairs will handle this.”

Internal Affairs investigated the Cobo incident. Patterson got a four-day suspension for being rude and using profane language with a police officer.

Action News repeatedly tried to get Patterson’s side of the story. First through a phone message and later Scott Lewis approached her as she arrived home from work.

“Can I ask you a couple questions just about some incidents in your background?” asked Lewis of Patterson.

“I would rather it be more of a planned interview than an ambush,” said Patterson.

“OK, we can do that, we can sit down,” said Lewis.

A couple hours later, Lt. Patterson called back and gave this statement:

“I decline an interview with you because I believe your purpose is to be scandalous evidence to me by digging
    up years-old prior adjudicated and closed disciplinary cases concerning me…. all to embarrass the former chief,” she said.”

But this isn’t about the former chief. It’s about Lt. Patterson and pattern of losing self control, on, and off the job.

“You can’t step on people just because of your position just because of where you are, who you are, what you do, in order to get what you want. You have to be able to deal with people,” says attorney David Robinson, a former Detroit cop specializing in police misconduct cases.

He says having your emotions under control is a paramount to being a police officer, especially for a supervisor.

“She carries a gun. She drives a vehicle. Those are two sources of power. Engaging and interacting with citizens when the temperament isn’t in check can be a dangerous thing potentially,” Robinson says.

He also says that cops who lack emotional discipline also create a potential for lawsuits against the city.

In fact it already happened. A lawsuit was filed on Friday, July 30, and a Detroit police officer is claiming she was harassed by Patterson and unfairly transferred by former chief Evans.

Her name is Shanda Starks. Starks claims she was pulled out of the mayor’s executive unit, supposedly for talking about the chief’s relationship with Patterson.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post

Your link took me directly to the story and video. Thanks.

serpico Guest

A police lieutenant admits to the media she is a tramp and she purposely slept with a superior for a promotion. Hopefully she will be investigated by the State and charged with prostitution. Another police officer posts online a suicidal picture with her service gun in her mouth. Yet again this officer is still working and carries a gun. Finally we have a mayor who admits on Television he was well aware of a potential chief of police allowing a subordinate to trade sex for a promotion.
    Only in Detroit is this seen as "acceptable."......

LOL, Bing said that Godbee assured him that he'd changed his ways! So that's all it takes? Do what you want but as long as you say you're sorry and promise not to do it again?

Bing needs to retire.

Will we ever see another written story that is not simply a transcript of a video?

Nope.... this is the easier option, so it is used most frequently! ----

Quote Originally Posted by jtf1972 View Post
    Will we ever see another written story that is not simply a transcript of a video?

OK, for all our former and retired cops out there: How does a person with her obvious issues keep her job after all of these charges?!? So, apparently, you can pull your gun out on a citizen over a parking space and still be a cop in this city?!?

Imagine for a moment if you had gun permit and you pulled it out over a parking space at work [[or anywhere else) how quick you would be fired and in jail.

Is it because she's in the union that all of these transgressions were treated with with such anemic punishment?
    Last edited by Islandman; October-09-12 at 12:04 PM.

How on earth did someone with that many incidents on her record get promoted all the way to lieutenant?

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    How on earth did someone with that many incidents on her record get promoted all the way to lieutenant?

Probably promoted for her talents while horizontal.

Quote Originally Posted by Islandman View Post
    OK, for all our former and retired cops out there: How does a person with her obvious issues keep her job after all of these charges?!? So, apparently, you can pull your gun out on a citizen over a parking space and still be a cop in this city?!?

Imagine for a moment if you had gun permit and you pulled it out over a parking space at work [[or naywhere else) how quick you would be fired and in jail.

Is it because she's in the union that all of these transgressions were treated with with such anemic punishment?
    I am not a retired cop but a retired City employee who was a union member and am a very pro union person. However, I have seen the union fight for people who were drunk on the job, did drugs on the job, and a few other unsavory things and I was adamantly opposed to these people getting back on the job. Usually, after the union got them their jobs back, it wouldn't be too long before the individuals got in trouble again and were terminated.

Just like Patterson kept the condom of Godbees [[ugh), she probably had lots of ammunition [[and not in her service revolver) to use against some Commander, commissioner, chief, appointee that she had sex with. She played the game and got her promotions. The unions will fight for an employee to a certain extent. Patterson went well beyond being fought for by the unions and if they got the administration to keep her on the job, then shame on them.

If I pulled my firearm [[which I carry legally), over a parking spot, I'd be charged and it would cost me thousands of dollars to hire an attorney to get me out of going to jail.

serpico Guest

Detroit lacks good leadership.. plain and simple. There are not enough good, honest people left in the city to care anymore. The current leadership in the city is a reflection of the population left in the city.
    Mayor Bloomberg of New York said it best.. just flood Detroit with thousands of immigrants.