Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Sporcle quiz: Largest Detroit suburbs for each Census from 1910 to 2010

I came across this quiz on Sporcle that shows pretty clearly the shift from innermost suburbs like Hamtramck to inner ring suburbs like Roseville and Warren to outermost sprawlers like Troy and Shelby. A bit surprised none of the Grosse Points show up, but they are pretty small individually. Also, look at the size of number ten explode from 1950 [[20,549) to 1970 [[70,020).

That is a fun quiz. I got 92/121 ...

Got 'em all except Lincoln Park and Canton.

Did anyone get the bonus one?

Missed Wyandotte & Ferndale. Ford City?

If the bonus was Macomb Twp....yeah I got it.

I got them all with 5 minutes to spare.

Missed Wyandotte and Ford City. Neat quiz, thanx

I should not have enjoyed doing that as much as I did. I missed River Rouge, Plymouth, and one other.

Quote Originally Posted by mikefmich View Post
    If the bonus was Macomb Twp....yeah I got it.
    No, the bonus one was hidden, and you don't get any points for getting it. It's not strictly speaking part of the metro Detroit area, but it's geographically pretty darn close in any case.

Shollin Guest

I missed Romeo and Taylor. Romeo is so far away I never really considered it part of the metro area.

117/121 Missed Clinton Twp and Dearborn Heights. Also Ford City became part of Wyandotte so I think if you guessed either one you got points for the other.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintMe View Post
    117/121 Missed Clinton Twp and Dearborn Heights. Also Ford City became part of Wyandotte so I think if you guessed either one you got points for the other.
    Yeah. Ford City automatically populated for me.

River fing Rouge?

I got all of them, but it took me a few minutes to just think about Romeo. In my mind I went through all of the small villages in Oakland and Wayne County, before even thinking about northern Macomb County.